Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DINNER IDEAS? (I Know This gets asked a lot Humor Me Please?)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM
  • 28 Replies

I am going to the store in a few hours and I am so tired of spaghetti, and soup, fried rice, oven fried chicken....etc.

I just need some ideas! PLEASE and THANK YOU! 

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystallynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM

we are having either beef stroganoff OR swedish meatballs with pasta...... I havent decided for sure which one yet.

c_boerman
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Vegetable Chicken Au Gratin, Ravioli Bake, Shrimp and Feta Bake, Meatloaf, Roast, Pinto Beans, Philly Cheese Steak Subs (or any kind of subs), Chef Salad, Panini Sandwiches, Cheese Enchilada, Bean Burritos, Nachos, Quesadillas, Whole Roasted Chicken, Chili, Turkey Burgers.....

much2learn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Some of my favorite recipes come from websites like All Recipes and Recipezaar.  There is another where you type in what you have and it suggests recipes for you, but I've forgotten what that one is.  Good Luck!

Lynn

michelle6_10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Pork chops w/ homemade cream of mushroom soup over them, baked potatoes and corn.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:15 AM

Hamburger Gravy over Rice....all you need is hamburger, cream of mushroom soup, rice and onion powder.

You could get a little presliced ham, scalloped potatoes and a veggie

You could make a variation of spaghetti, use different noodles.  I use different noodles each time I make it and I make my own sauce if you'd like to know how (and if you don't already...lol)

There's fish with mac and cheese and a veggie

Pork Roast, mashed potatoes and a veggie.

I make a form of Shepherds Pie that's hamburger meat, creamed corn and mashed potatoes it's really easy.

Parmesan Italian Chicken.  Just coat the chicken with a mixture of Parmesan cheese, italian seasoning and garlic powder and bake.

~Jill~

ally1021
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I'm a slow cooker queen..last night we had Pot Roast with spinach salad and garlic bread

Tonight its asian short ribs with with miso soup and salad

tomorrow it's chicken and dumplings.

briana_paige
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Italian chicken, taco ring, tiajuana casserole, poppyseed chicken, pot roast, brisket, beef tips and mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken alfredo. Thats all I can think of off the top of my head lol PM me if you want any recipes.

bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:20 AM
HeatherDawn75
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Ugg.....I am having the same problem today. We (well the family, not me) had Ham and Beans last night that I made for the first time. They loved it. (not my thing) I am going to the store in a little bit but cannot think of anything for dinner. It is wrestling practice night so it has to be quick. Probably going to be Sloppy Joes. (another one of my favorites, Im going to starve to death, lol) But Friday night we are having Ravioli Bake. We always have pasta the night before wrestling meets. DS thinks its good luck, lol.

Expectingpeanut
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM

We are having meatballs and veggies.  We just had pork chops with veggies.  How about tator tot casserole or the impossible cheeseburger pie on the back of the bisquick box.  Yummo, with that recipe my mom use to put a layer of cheese on top and then mashed potatoes on top with more cheese and baked it.  Why not make some chili and corn bread?  Or maybe nachos, tacos.  Lots of stuff, just look around on line.  Campbells.com has some good easy recipes as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)