Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so beyond stressed. And just something else to add to it.

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

I am so stressed i cant even sleep, and by the time i do actually fall asleep i have to get up and go to work. We are moving and have to be out by the 31st of this month. We are moving only 20 minutes away back to where both of us grew up. Its a 2 story townhouse instead of our 3rd floor tiny apartment. I love it i really do, but all this moving has totally DRAINED our money. We only have 100 dollars. Thats it! I havent been this low on money in a lonng time. I try to keep my minimum at 800 and not go below.. but my finace was paid a couple hundred dollars short his last paycheck, and didnt have enough to pay his half of the 600 security deposit so i paid it all. i get paid on friday but that goes to the first months rent and my car payment... I'm just freaking out and wishing that we werent moving. I'm so excited but freaking out about the money. We are a month behind on our electric bill which is part of the reason we are moving. Our water heater is so screwed up that we are getting outrageous electric bills that we shouldnt even have to pay, but of course our matenaince men cant seem to fix the problem. We would get a bonus at work but we dont qualify for one.. and then when i was actually going to start working overtime i was told we cant right now.. just lovely. I seriously cant do this all on 100 dollars. I cant ask for help either. Everyone thinks we are too young to be out and on our own and everyone thinks we are just going to fail, so why prove them right. I hate asking for help. I just want to know we can do this.. and that after we are moved in the money will come in and build up again.. i need to know this is okay.. and its normal.. and that im not the only one. I mean i just had 1000 dollars last week in my account and now nothing. I dont do so well with stress..

So apparently even though our lease is up we still were supposed to give 60 days notice. For some reason i think this is stupid. When it was around the 60 days i was calling people and asking if they would hold a place for 60 days until our lease was up and they said no. So i said whatever our lease will be up no big deal. So now we have to pay rent for a place we will not be living at for 2 months.. we will of course turn off all heat and not use any water so we shouldnt have to worry about that.. its just they raised the price of the rent and include water in it.. so we will be paying 20 dollars extra for water that we wont be using. I just cant believe this is happening. When will we catch a break. We are already running so low i just cant deal with all this. I just want to get inmy car and just drive.. the longer i sit here at work the more i think about it.. we cant afford to rent 2 places.. we cant.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LittleBoPeep252
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM

we moved recently with $15 in our account and a full tank of gas in our truck...it is possible and don't stress so much over it.  Good lucki!

raerae1011
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:33 AM

i understand the stress you are going through.  and it's possible to deal with it.  my hubby was unemployed for 6 months.  money from unemployment would only cover mortgage and lot rent.  so i had to take care of phone, cable, electric, heat, and then any other of the random bills.  well i only work currently at most 15 hours a week.  so obviously i don't make enough money.  we have been a month behind on all of our bills since november.  hubby just started a new job on monday, and hopefully i will start a full-time job soon (waiting to hear back from them).  i've tried to apply for food stamps, since we have no money for groceries, but we somehow still make too much money.

pumpkinpie112
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Always remember.  Where there is a will there is a way.

Michele Barradas

Author of "A Rainbow of Shapes"
rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM

You'll be fine, and it will all work out!!!!!   hugs

underestimated8
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:39 AM

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to fret!  That will only make it harder on you both.  If you do need to ask for help, it doesn't seem like that is proving anyone "right" about you guys; everyone is having a hard time right now, no matter their age or location.  Just keep reminding yourself that once you get settled in, things will calm down and be better.  My last paycheck was over a grand, the biggest one I've ever had!!  I was soooo excited to be able to pay all the bills in full, and buy extra groceries....then the next week my account was still overdrawn over $100!!  It can be very depressing, if you let it.  I promise, you guys will make it through Ok.  Just because times are hard right now, doesn't mean it'll be like that forever.  Try to take it one day at a time, and before you know it, everything will be back to normal.

ncmommyof3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Don't worry so much and don't be so hard on yourself. Things are tight right now so what! It happens in life but at least yours is happening for a good reason and soon you'll be moved and everything will be fine. Just give it this little bit of time and make the best of it. You will be fine and congrats on the new place.

Visit my blogs daily! http://motheringthree.today.com/  and http://motheringmadesimple.today.com/ 

"It's not just a physical attraction, I love him for every single thing he is. Every word he says, every step he takes. This is something that will never die."

MimiStacie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Is there a local food pantry you could go to?  That way you could save some on groceries while waiting for monies to get straightened out.  I hate being strapped myself and yes,  it is very stressful. I'm trying to figure out how to pay the property taxes due next week, my car payment, parent plus loan &  heat/lights all due within the next 10 days without going into the reserve I have set aside.  I'm trying to build up an account so that I can quit my job which I hate and open a day care which I would love to do but the cash is always needed elsewhere.  It is so frustrating.   Hang in there and just keep plugging away, it will get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)