Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Questions about united health care

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:43 AM
  • 3 Replies

My boyfriend has united health care and he just added his daughter to the plan last night. He has to call today to get it confermed. My frist question is that him and his ex switch yrs claiming their daughter (I think it's stupid) My mom is a medical biller and I'm going to ask her this question later but at one point when my dad was covering me I wanted to claim my self on my taxs well my mom said I couldn't because if I claimed myself then Dad couldn't cover me on insurance. She says that that rule has changed now for his company. So I was wondering if this is true?We have her almost all the time except every other weekend and during the summer that's why I think it's stupid that she gets to claim her but it's because of my next question that he allows it.

Also a few months ago my boyfriend told me that his daughter isn't really his bio daughter. His ex became pregnant while they were on a split. I just look at the two of them and think this doesn't add up I think she is his. He doesn't want to do a DNA test cuz they are $200 and if she's not his then it was just a waste of money and will hurt him even more. I was wondering if anyone has heard of insurance covering part or all of a DNA test. If they did cover the DNA test would they cut her off his insurance once they found out that she is not his?

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Skygirl1985
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

BUMP

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:15 AM

No clue. Bump

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

wave

Hi Skygirl1985

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)