Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shouldn't I love my hubby this much?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM
  • 4 Replies

I just adore and love my 2 yr old son.  He's so loving with me, very snuggly and just a gentle soul.  I go thru withdrawls even if he's been sleeping more then 3 hours!

He has a very mellow personality so he lets me snuggle endlessly.

Problem-  My hubby doesn't like to be affectionate with me.  He doesn't care to hold my hand, snug with me on the couch, we don't snuggle at all!  We have sex 3-4 x's a year maybe, if lucky.  I know he doesn't have much interest in me. He's a great family provider.  Very loyal and committed to us. But, He just isn't loving and affectionate at all. So, I know I've poured all my love and affection into my 2 yr old.  So much so, that my heart even aches when he leaves the room!  He's truly my pride and joy and 'gentle soul'

I only wish my hubby would love me this way

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
isra1986
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:59 AM
I would suggst counceling. My DH and I dont do too much cuddling (He thinks if I ask for cuddle, it means sex, lol) But we do hold hands sometimes, and cuddle occasionally and have sex everyday. The lack of intimacy in your marriage is not good. And there is nothing wrong with loving your son that much :) The best times for me is laying in the bed with DH and our DD between us. She has to touch both of us when she is sleeping in our bed :) Its so sweet!

Ann7227
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Well your showing your son it. And may be he will grow up to be more affectionate . May be your husband didn't grow up in a house with it.  Some men are just like that. Try to spice up your love life.

gjcarr003
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM

I'd seek counseling, too.  I'm not much help.  My hubby and I do nothing but cuddle.  We are very affectionate with each other, and I don't know any other way to be.  My parents were never affectionate, and my mom ended up cheating on my dad.  They worked it out and at first were extremely affectionate, which I didn't mind.  Now, they are still affectionate, but not so over the top, and drifting further to not being all that affectionate, which I hate! 

So from a child's point of view, kids need to see their parents cuddle.  If my hubby and I didn't cuddle, I would assume he's cheating on me or wants to leave, just because that's what I witnessed growing up.  I don't want my kids feeling like that.  I want my kids to see real love, in all it's affectionate glory!  :-)

Good luck!

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM

my husband was not really affectionate at all not long ago.we had sex yeah but making love was rare. I sorta understood though cause his parents barely spoke two words to each other ,didn't sleep in the sam eroom things like that. I asked him about it and he said they were always like that.And he was not shown affection as a child eight er. I took it upon my self to turn those tables and started giving him affection he in turn started returning it. Our marriage is stronger now because of this and the kids see mom and dad hugging or holding each other,and they copy and give hugs to. As far as you giving it all to your son  good for you i did the same why not ,that's all some of us have ..our children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)