Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chipped tooth, and they want to pull it

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

I chipped my far back left tooth on a damn peanut the other day..there is a sharp point that is scraping the hell out of my tongue..went to the dentist, they want to pull it!!!! its not that bad..i don't have to 200 dollars for it either

so im gonna file it down this evening..what is a good numbing medicine besides oragel,anbesol or liquor

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM

trust me, if they want to pull it let them!  I had something similar happen and I didn't want to pay the $ either...I ended up in the hospital with a major infection that could have killed me!!!  PULL IT!  Work out a payment plan.

ledwards484
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM

I don't think you should file it yourself.  But I do think you should go to a different dentist.  Most dentists nowadays don't like to pull teeth unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.  I can't imagine pulling the tooth unless it is cracked all the way to the root, but even then they could have taken the time to smooth it down so you don't cut your tongue to pieces.  What reason were you given for them wanting to pull it? 

clock 

Lea Ann

PurpleNurples
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM

DON'T TRY TO FILE IT YOURSELF!!!   Head on over to affordable dentures and let them pull it!  It's only $65.  Trust me!  You may be getting close to a nerve!   I would rather be in labor than have a damn toothache! 

http://www.affordabledentures.com/

flying bunny

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Quoting ledwards484:

I don't think you should file it yourself.  But I do think you should go to a different dentist.  Most dentists nowadays don't like to pull teeth unless it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.  I can't imagine pulling the tooth unless it is cracked all the way to the root, but even then they could have taken the time to smooth it down so you don't cut your tongue to pieces.  What reason were you given for them wanting to pull it? 

they said my tooth could start rotting..i dont have many dentists i can choose from with this screwy dental plan...i asked them to put a cap on it, and hell that cost double to what the extraction is

Valentines Day 2009

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Quoting PurpleNurples:

DON'T TRY TO FILE IT YOURSELF!!!   Head on over to affordable dentures and let them pull it!  It's only $65.  Trust me!  You may be getting close to a nerve!   I would rather be in labor than have a damn toothache! 

I dont really want to pull it, cause then ALL my teeth will start getting loose, i dont want a bald mouth at 30  lol

Valentines Day 2009

PurpleNurples
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

ALL of your teeth will not start getting loose if you pull one.  I had 4 pulled last week.  (heavily sedated of course)  Having babies can really mess up your teeth!  All of mine depleted my calcium, so I am 31 with a top partail plate! You are not alone in this misery. 

PS: My whole life, I have seen a dentist every six months....

Quoting Pepperlynns:

Quoting PurpleNurples:

I dont really want to pull it, cause then ALL my teeth will start getting loose, i dont want a bald mouth at 30  lol

flying bunny

mirandapoo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Quoting PurpleNurples:

I agree with her!! I have alway's said...I would rather give birth than have a toothache and I have had 5 kid's!!LOL ! If it abcesse's...believe me...it's a pain you will NEVER forget. Good Luck and God Bless.

Pepperlynns
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Quoting PurpleNurples:

ALL of your teeth will not start getting loose if you pull one.  I had 4 pulled last week.  (heavily sedated of course)  Having babies can really mess up your teeth!  All of mine depleted my calcium, so I am 31 with a top partail plate! You are not alone in this misery. 

PS: My whole life, I have seen a dentist every six months....

Quoting Pepperlynns:

Quoting PurpleNurples:

Oh i know as soon as i got pregnant i could tell a difference in my teeth, 3 children later my teeth are like chalk...i guess i just need to put my stubborness away..ok im gonna call...thanks for the link

Valentines Day 2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)