Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can someone with an iphone please answer a simple ? for me

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM
  • 12 Replies

what messengers can you have on your phone and which can you not have?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:08 AM

my hubby has yahoo...

but i think the ones you cant have are Windows operated... so i think like MSN or something like that.

im not positive tho because hubby isnt here....

but he "jail broke" his phone too, so he can put anything he wants on it.

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean River                

MommyofMany4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM

can u have aim?

Sara3kids
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM

Quoting MommyofMany4:

can u have aim?

We have aol and my hubby gets his email and such on his Iphone so I would think so..

I think someone said the used Outlook? What ever that means...LOL

AshRC1015
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Yes, you have can have AIM. If you go to the App store on your iphone, there is a free application on there specifically for AIM. If you go to the app store, click on categories and then social networking, it's on there!
mamahunnybee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I downloaded "fringe" from the free apps and it lets me have msn messenger, aim, and yahoo...

MommyofMany4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM

just wondering bc my husband said he had to have an aim account to communicate with his boss who has an iphone bc iphones can supposedly only use aim.  we have blackberrys and they have any and every IM under the sun. and Im just not buying into his story

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I have an iPod Touch and the applications for both are the same.  Go to where the applications are and click on Categories at the bottom and then click Social Networking.  If you click on Top Free at the top, it'll bring up facebook, myspace, AIM, and oneConnect.  OneConnect is Yahoo, but you can add other accounts on there also.  You can also do a search for each thing and it'll pop them up.

~Jill~

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM

How do you jail break your phone?  When you say he puts anything he wants on it, you mean he doesn't have to pay for any of the apps?

Quoting HuntersMomee:

my hubby has yahoo...

but i think the ones you cant have are Windows operated... so i think like MSN or something like that.

im not positive tho because hubby isnt here....

but he "jail broke" his phone too, so he can put anything he wants on it.

~Jill~

AshRC1015
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:47 AM
You can jail break the iphone or iPod touch by going to www.appleiphoneschool.com and at the top of the page in the middle there is a tab that says hack and you can select jailbreak and it'll walk you through it. It's super simple, I've done it to both of my iphones and they were fanastically! Just make sure you have your data backed up into iTunes, you may have to re-sync after the jailbreak is complete.
Quoting jillbailey26:

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I'm stuck, I sent you a message....lol.

Quoting AshRC1015:

You can jail break the iphone or iPod touch by going to www.appleiphoneschool.com and at the top of the page in the middle there is a tab that says hack and you can select jailbreak and it'll walk you through it. It's super simple, I've done it to both of my iphones and they were fanastically! Just make sure you have your data backed up into iTunes, you may have to re-sync after the jailbreak is complete.
Quoting jillbailey26:

~Jill~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)