Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easing into tablefood...advice please

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
  • 6 Replies

Any suggestions on things to feed a 10 month old? I want to start using less baby food since it's so expensive and more regular, table food. But I really don't know where to start. He's had some basic things but I think the most "grown up" thing I've fed to him is probably cut up chicken pieces and that was only once. I was thinking about giving him a little bit of a grilled cheese sandwich today for lunch. Do you think that'd be ok?

With my DD, I didn't feed her anything that didn't specifically say baby or toddler on it until after her first birthday. So I don't know what to give him really.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lovemygirls0407
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:21 AM

My daughter was eating almost everything off the table at that age. Just use your own judgement.

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM

They can pretty much have anything but peanut products(which right now isn't a good idea anyways) lol and honey.  Just cut everything really tiny

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:24 AM

mama I'm sure that would be just fine. 10 months? he has been ready! lol you can dip pieces of sandwich in soup also.  I know we all do our children differently but at 10 months my 3 were great eaters eating everything. you can throw everything in the blender and wet it w/ chicken broth or the water from your veggies. mac and cheese is the all time favorite of any baby i think..good luck.

4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I wouldn't give cheese just yet but that might just be me

My 11 month old eats chicken, hamburger meat just a little, mashed potatoes, rice, noddles cut up, carrots, peas, green beans, oat bread toasted and small bites.     Peaches and apples I get the Gerber grad's so they are soft and no sugar, applesauce, yogurt some not also of yogurt...   He gets the Gerber puffs or an off brand, and mum-mums too there at walmart, there a thin baby rice cake type thing

hope that helps and gives you some ideas...

Oh and NO peanut butter until the age of 2 and no honey until over the age of 1 and no egg until over 1... I know that they can have either the white part or whatnot but I can't remember what part they can have or can't...

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."          

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Thanks for your help ladies. I'm just paranoid I gues. Like I said, with my first, I didn't feed her anything that didn't say "for baby" or "for toddler" on the package until after her first birthday. I don't know why really. I guess I just didn't know if her body could handle it. Thanks again! (And I'll be sure to stay away from peanut butter and honey)!

jmom470
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My dd is 11 months old and loves grilled cheese. For breakfest I give her baby oatmeal the apples and cinnamon kind or french toast sticks and she loves pancakes. For lunch I give her grilled cheese and dinner I feed her what were eating or a jar of baby food. She doesn't really care for baby food so I pretty much quite giving it to her. She also likes toast with a little butter on it. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)