Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM
  • 19 Replies

I thought this would never happen to me...

I was changing Kyle on my bed, I turned away for once second to get the wipes, and BAM Kyle fell off the bed...OMG...

He cried for 2 seconds and now he's happy and smiling...omg...I feel like a terrible mommy... :[ my son fell off the bed.... :[

He's having such a bad day... :[

preview image

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momto4B1G
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

It happens to the best of us...We just have to remember to try and get everything we need...After it happened to me I started changing on the floor only...

Nikki mommy to 5~Katie17~Salomon10~Tyler10~Tofer7~Andrew3

starleigh21

stuff like that happens quite a bit.. My sister was bouncing her baby on her bed and the baby flew off and hit the side of the night table, baby was fine. they bounce back pretty quick.

You're not a bad mom because your baby fell off something, it happens. Atleast he's okay!

trishasjunebug

Eh...guess this never happened to anyone else? :[

preview image

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM

It's okay, it's happens You are not a terrible mom, you are a normal mom. 

In fact  because you feel bad makes you a wonderful mom!

I dropped my son before.  When he was about 7 months, he woke up in the middle of the night and in my sleep deprived state, I went to sit him on the counter so I could grab his his bottle and I missed it by an inch and he fell.  He didn't even cry but I did.

LaNette000
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I have a wise sister, she raised 3 kids, and she told me one, when my dd fell off the bed. That if children never fell off the bed, where would they learn not to do so. If they fall off and everything is OK, no cuts, no bleeding or swelling of the brain, then they are fine! There will be many more bumps and boosboos along the way! Don't feel so horrible!

trishasjunebug

I usually change him on the floor, but for some reason I put him on the bed, and bad mistake, he rolls like a pro.. :[

Quoting Momto4B1G:

It happens to the best of us...We just have to remember to try and get everything we need...After it happened to me I started changing on the floor only...

preview image

itsnotaboutm765

It happens to us all.lol I don't think anyone could honestly say it has NEVER happened to them.

SethsMommy06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:33 AM

That stuff happens......at least you were there to pick him up quickly.

aidensmom1117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I think we have all been there in one way or another! my son fell between the mattress and the wall one time, just rolled right in, I freaked but grabbed him out and he just laughed! He thought it was a game!

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Caitlin (14 months) has fallen of the bed 5 or 6 times without falling on a dog or pillow.  So yeah, it's much higher than that.  You are not a bad mama, I don't know a single kid who hasn't fallen out of bed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)