Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of boys...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM
  • 26 Replies

When did you give your little man his first haircut?? Im thinking I need to give my little guy one, his hair hangs almost to the bottom of his ears and he's starting to look like he's got a mullet!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happysnappy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM

My son was born with a head FULL of hair, so he got his first hair cut at 5 months old.  He was growing ringlets down the sides of his head, but didn't have a lot in the back.  It looked like he was a little jewish boy.  It was SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!  But I ended up just cutting the ringlets off because he was being mistaken for a girl.

John 3:16 
aidensmom1117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM

My son got one just before his first birthday! But he needed it before that, his hair grew in kind of funny, long on the top short on the sides and long on the last inch of his scalp (above the nape of his neck) but he had these haors that would wrap around his ears and irritate him!

Savvychick
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:39 AM

All my boys have gotten their hair cut after their 1sr Bdays.

justinejoy

I think I was "traditional" with my boys and they got their first cuts around one year.  They look so cute after their hair is cut!!

Justine,  Mother to Irish twins Dylan & Michael

SimplyMagical

my son got his first hair cut when he was 17 months :) and i cried !

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Sirenabella
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

My son got his 1st haircut at 16 months. We lived in a lot of humidity and his hair was growing upwards in an interesting manner.

ROBIN99
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Quoting aidensmom1117:

My son got one just before his first birthday! But he needed it before that, his hair grew in kind of funny, long on the top short on the sides and long on the last inch of his scalp (above the nape of his neck) but he had these haors that would wrap around his ears and irritate him!

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Mine was pretty young around 7 months but he had a lot of hair and it was half curly have straight, it would get tangled and food stuck in it.

Caroline84
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:41 AM

my boys hair grew in uneven so I waited till they were 2yrs and cut it to even it out.If your son's hair is longer in the back and sides you can cut it all one length it will grow back even

Caroline84
avegajenkins
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM

My lil man is 19mo. now, but I did it for his 1st bday and i cried too because he looked so grown up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)