Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why should we care for animals?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: Should we help nature take care of the creatures on this planet?

Options:

YES We distroyed so much we should care for them to the best of our abilities!

I think so but it's not our fault they are in trouble

I don't know

no why should we?

No humans are top of the food chain why should we take care of the other creatures?

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 159

View Results

Ok i saw a post about why should we help the polar bears servive...i was wondering how many people thought like this. I honestly belive it is our responsibility affter we humans have distroyed so much of nature that we take care of what creatures we can take care of. it's 90% our fault there are so many endangered species!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gypsy_rose
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM

bump

NananRaysmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:57 AM

I think we should let the earth and nature take its course.  And...I think the polar bears will be fine.

"What about feeling sorry for those...who pay the taxes? Those are the people NO ONE ever feels sorry for. They are asked to give and give until they have no more to give. And when they say "Enough!" they are called selfish."

Sirenabella
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:59 AM

If we hadn't messed it up it wouldn't need to be fixed. It has nothing to do with the "destiny of the species" or nature "doing its thing" or anything like that. It's ppl spreading their destruction. The world wouldn't be in the state it is if it hadn't been for us. We should be doing something to help.

Junebug926

Why wouldn't we? If we like the planet we'd better take care of it.

Something along similar lines here...we take medicine don't we. We wouldn't just let cancer eat at us or let our child suffer from pneumonia. We interfere with nature to save our own bodies and our children's so why wouldn't we try and save the very earth that is our home?!

gypsy_rose

Then we should get rid o cars, and cities and other such things because those are not Nature. also we should stop cutting mass quanities of trees that is not nature, stop mass producing plastics and other such things that is not nature ether

Quoting NananRaysmom:

I think we should let the earth and nature take its course.  And...I think the polar bears will be fine.

gypsy_rose
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:04 AM

wow lol almost no one is voteing lol

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM

It's our fault they are dying. So why shouldn't we help them?

AmyNB
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM
If the issue was nature alone, I would say let nature take it's course. The problem is that it isn't nature. Without man, the world would be much, much different. We didn't have the foresight to predict what would happen with all of our advances and now the plant and animal world is paying for it. I think it's our responsibility to do what we can to fix what we can. We have wonderful, wonderful technology but it's come at a price in more ways than one. It's time for us to step up and start repairing what we've broken.
mitch576
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM

gypsy.

the reason we should protect the bigger carnivors is this.

when they take certain carnivors out of "food systems"  for example....when they have a decreased number of bears and wolves in "salmon territory"

what happens is...things like salmon aren't being digested...turned into nitrates and certain chemicals neccessary for healthy soil. this eventually leads to a break down in those food systems.

lack of nitrates and other things can lead to lack of plant life....which smaller fish thrive on....take away smaller fish and now you impact the larger fish and other predators. it is a "circle" if you will....and if you take just one piece away, it causes a whole breakdown over time.

it isn't about just polar bears... it just isn't that simple. all the animals in the artic are being affected. go up on the mountains in the summer and you will see 1,000 yr old reindeer poop... it use to be locked away under ice but the ice is melting and now ....so is the poop.

poop brings flies...canadian flies bite....riendeers suffer from anemia and other diseases.

walrus had no ice to rest on.

polar bears are drowning.....

yes, we need to do something. it isn't a question of IF.... but rather a neccessasity that if we don't take very seriously......will come down the line and affect us all.

i want my children to see the things this planet has to offer.... i want them to do the things i have been able to do...and all the things i have yet to do.

owner of 30andbeyond...jigsaw ribbon...ADMIN of autism, asperger's, pdd awareness

gypsy_rose
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM

maybey you should have read my post.....I put up the title to hopefully draw more people into the topic

Quoting mitch576:

gypsy.

the reason we should protect the bigger carnivors is this.

when they take certain carnivors out of "food systems"  for example....when they have a decreased number of bears and wolves in "salmon territory"

what happens is...things like salmon aren't being digested...turned into nitrates and certain chemicals neccessary for healthy soil. this eventually leads to a break down in those food systems.

lack of nitrates and other things can lead to lack of plant life....which smaller fish thrive on....take away smaller fish and now you impact the larger fish and other predators. it is a "circle" if you will....and if you take just one piece away, it causes a whole breakdown over time.

it isn't about just polar bears... it just isn't that simple. all the animals in the artic are being affected. go up on the mountains in the summer and you will see 1,000 yr old reindeer poop... it use to be locked away under ice but the ice is melting and now ....so is the poop.

poop brings flies...canadian flies bite....riendeers suffer from anemia and other diseases.

walrus had no ice to rest on.

polar bears are drowning.....

yes, we need to do something. it isn't a question of IF.... but rather a neccessasity that if we don't take very seriously......will come down the line and affect us all.

i want my children to see the things this planet has to offer.... i want them to do the things i have been able to do...and all the things i have yet to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)