Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twilight the movie

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM
  • 8 Replies

Am I the only one that thought that the movie was awful?  I LOVED the books.  I read all four in four days.  I went to see the movie and it was a huge let down.  I thought it was corny.  I know that books are ALWAYS better than the movies but I thought that this was downright terrible.  Maybe it is just me because everyone else seemed to love it!

HEFFA-26.png image by jodell80   

baby girlbaseballgirl on a swingpregnant belly

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Butterfly1405
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Yeah the movie was definitely a let down. I LOVED the books and they had more creative power behind them. More detail and more spunk between Edward and Bella. I have seen the movie like 8 times and I do like the movie for different reason. The first is Edward himself! He is so HOT!! But it is a little bit different storyline but not a bad one. You just can't go to the theatre expecting to see the book brought to life. I like the Baseball scene too! Jasper is hot in that scene more than anything else...he is my close 2nd. I can pick scenes that I liked but overall I separate the two- book and movie. They are not the same story and I guess I just segragate them into different categories

mommyandthree
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Yes, Edward is very hot!!!!  I guess you just can't capture what Edward and Bella have in the book in a movie.  I guess that they are making a second movie (or so I heard) and I can only imagine that will be difficult to do because of the storyline.

Quoting Butterfly1405:

Yeah the movie was definitely a let down. I LOVED the books and they had more creative power behind them. More detail and more spunk between Edward and Bella. I have seen the movie like 8 times and I do like the movie for different reason. The first is Edward himself! He is so HOT!! But it is a little bit different storyline but not a bad one. You just can't go to the theatre expecting to see the book brought to life. I like the Baseball scene too! Jasper is hot in that scene more than anything else...he is my close 2nd. I can pick scenes that I liked but overall I separate the two- book and movie. They are not the same story and I guess I just segragate them into different categories

exceptalilfish
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM

i thought they did a terrible job casting bella, her looks were okay but i never felt she was in love with edward during the movie.and i thought it was weird that rosalie had more lines than alice.

Ft.Stewart_wife
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:18 AM

My friend is crazy into all that stuff. She loved the movie i think she saw it like 3 times. I'm just not into it....its too lovey dovey pansy vampireish stuff.  I'm into ripping the throat out of some dude vampire book.

mommyandthree
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Yep.  It seemed so forced and fake.  I think she is a terrible actress, but that is just my opinion!

Quoting exceptalilfish:

i thought they did a terrible job casting bella, her looks were okay but i never felt she was in love with edward during the movie.and i thought it was weird that rosalie had more lines than alice.

reelo
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Honestly, the movie sucked it was like a 'B' movie chick flick.  If there had been one more cutesy cuddle together while sappy music plays scene I would have gagged. 

brandi185
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM

i didn't like the movie either.  i have seen kristen stewarts other stuff and twilight was definitely not her best.  but all the actors had bad lines imo.  i think the writer was most to blame.

mommyandthree
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:25 AM

LOL!!!!!!  Did you read the book?  I didn't think the book was like that at all!  I thought that the movie sucked, too!  And they did do an awful job with music....oh well!

Quoting reelo:

Honestly, the movie sucked it was like a 'B' movie chick flick.  If there had been one more cutesy cuddle together while sappy music plays scene I would have gagged. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)