Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to know if your kids

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM
  • 20 Replies

lie?  My friend has a child that lies about almost everything.  Even when this child is caught by another adult and asked face to face.  What concerns me is recently the child was involved (with others) in making a mess out of another kids bedrooms (they were all playing and got a bit rowdy and stuff got broke).  When the kids were confronted and asked that next time please try to please be aware, this child says "it was fun trashing your house".  Does anyone think that is wrong.  I gasped when I was told about this.  I can't imagine a child saying that to an adult.   

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
necro1134
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

do you know how the kid is being raised?

blackwidow4911
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM

I have had a problem with my oldest lying really bad even when I have proof that she lies she will still deny it. Its horrible and a huge struggle.

bulfrg_317aaj
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:24 AM

My step kids will lie to your face. But that is how there mother is. They can't tell the same story to more than one person. It is sad.

kaylasmom9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:26 AM

From my experience with this child, not alot of disipline.  The parents keep telling him that he will get it next time. 

Quoting necro1134:

necro1134
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Quoting kaylasmom9:

From my experience with this child, not alot of disipline.  The parents keep telling him that he will get it next time. 

Quoting necro1134:

ok that would explain why he didnt care about messing up the person house..

Babylove135
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM

IMO that is the problem.  I have seen first had how lack of discipline leads to so many problems.  My oldest DS used to lie all the time but not anymore.  He was told that when he lies he will get a spanking.  If he tells the truth then no spanking.  The choice is his.  For the most part he doesn't lie anymore but sometimes he will to try and get out of trouble.  When he lies he gets spanked.  Period.  No exceptions.  Bash me if you want for spanking my kids but they are good kids who barely get in trouble anymore.

Quoting kaylasmom9:

Quoting necro1134:

Looking for a place where you can be yourself?  Where you can say what you want without being deleted?  Come join us.  www.cafemom.com/group/bitchbangers

kaylasmom9
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:32 AM

No bashing, I agree with you.  I do have a question, if he tells the truth and it was about something bad he did wrong, what is the punishment you use.  I agree with the spanking if lied to but then what.

Quoting Babylove135:

IMO that is the problem.  I have seen first had how lack of discipline leads to so many problems.  My oldest DS used to lie all the time but not anymore.  He was told that when he lies he will get a spanking.  If he tells the truth then no spanking.  The choice is his.  For the most part he doesn't lie anymore but sometimes he will to try and get out of trouble.  When he lies he gets spanked.  Period.  No exceptions.  Bash me if you want for spanking my kids but they are good kids who barely get in trouble anymore.

Quoting kaylasmom9:

Quoting necro1134:

Babylove135
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:46 AM

in that case the punishment depends on what it was he did wrong.  Normally it's just no video games for a day or more depending on how big of trouble he is in.  We also take away toys, movies, stuff like that.  Like last night I went through is folder and he got a 46 on a test.  I was pissed because it was a vocab test and he knew all the words - he just didn't try. So his punishment was 9 pages of school work out of a practice book he brought home from school.  Now if they do something majorly bad - like hurt each other they also get a spanking.  He go one last night for hitting his sister in the head with the metal part of his belt.  It's pretty much decided on a case by case basis.

Quoting kaylasmom9:

No bashing, I agree with you.  I do have a question, if he tells the truth and it was about something bad he did wrong, what is the punishment you use.  I agree with the spanking if lied to but then what.

Quoting Babylove135:

Quoting kaylasmom9:

Quoting necro1134:

Looking for a place where you can be yourself?  Where you can say what you want without being deleted?  Come join us.  www.cafemom.com/group/bitchbangers

MOM22QTS
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM

my daughter is three, she will lie or fib if she can get away with it. i can always tell when shes lying..and she does fess up, saying okay okay okay..lol..

how old is the child?

stephtill
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

1 of my 6yr olds is bad about fibbing.  Will flat out tell me, "I didn't do it" knowing good and damn well he did 'do it'.  But he's got a bad poker face, so I call him on it and he gets in trouble.  The other thing that makes me wanna wring his neck is blaming others for his behavior.  "Well, Colin told me to get out of bed." or "James wanted me to talk in class."  Crap like that just irks the snot out of me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)