Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I take her to the Doctor?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM
  • 13 Replies

My 19month old DD has a runny nose (green) and just this morning started coughing. I don't hear any flim or anything trying to come up. She has no fever. She is playing well and in good spirits. I did give her a half dose of Children's Tylenol. Do you think that I should take her to her Peditrician? I am asking because we are in between Peds (because of moving).

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:39 AM

i would just watch her for now, it sounds like something that will pass.

Aiden 9-15-05, Gavin 7-18-06, Logan 10-3-07

Loves of My Life

theskillfactor
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM

There isn't anything they can do for a cough anyway. Just watch her, and playing with her in the bathroom with a steamy shower running may help.

Mom2LiamNMolly

I would just keep an eye on her. If she gets a fever or the cough worsens or she isn't feeling well, take her in.

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Mommylisa7

I would wait too. If the green last longer than 7 days it may be something to get checked, but otherwise I would watch her.

naturalmom86
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Thanks Mommies! I feel silly ...but Dakota has never been sick. So I wanted to make sure before I took her in.

pam228
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:41 AM

is it green all the time or just after waking up? if it's all the time it could be a sinus infection. if it were me i'ld wait another day to see how it goes,as long as she isn't cranky,no fever,and her chest sounds clear. if something changes i'ld definately take her. for now just lots of fluids and baby tylenol. hope she feels better.

Heartlight617
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:42 AM
Is she running green all day, or just in the morning? Can you let her play in the tub for awhile to help clear her head? It always worked with my son. Does she have a temp? If she is playing she may just have a cold.
Carol
lilysmama811

Honestly, I wouldn't.  The ped will probably tell you that every kid gets a cough and runny nose and he'll tell you to use "Little noses" saline nasal drops and to get a cool mist humidifier to help break up the cough.  Good luck!

SethsMommy06

She may need an antibiotic. Sounds like a infection.

SmallTownGirly
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM

green snot is a sign of infection. I would watch her for a fever. Giver her body the chance to fight it off first and if it isn't better in about a week or she gets worse i would talk to the dr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)