Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib recall....PLZ HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

I know this was a while ago, but I have a question about the Simplicity crib recall. When I first heard about it I checked the brand on Brady's crib and it said Graco. Well this morning out of curiosity I google Graco crib recalls and found out it's the Simplicity recall. The picture shown is the exact same crib I have.

Here's my problem. I looked all over the crib and can't find a model number ANYWHERE.  I also tried calling the 1-800 number and I get a recording saying the call is unallocated or something. I know it's recalled because of the picture, but do you think I can still get a refund? Any info would really be appreciated!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
theskillfactor
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Was the 800 number for Graco, or for the recall place (sorry, can't think of the name) If it was for Graco, then call the recall place, or vica versa.

spunkymomof3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Is this a new recall, the last Graco recall for the simplicity crib they sent kits to fix the cribs.  I know that if the recall is a case where you need to get a new crib they have been doing vouchers for new cribs.

Good Luck

Graco's Recall Hotline: (800) 233-1546

I am a three time c-sections having, extended breasfeeding, used to be  cosleeping, part time cloth diapering and gdiaper using, baby wearing, vaxing (some delayed)  proud air force wife and stay at home mom to three kiddos!

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:54 AM

is it the simplicity 4-1 crib? if so its the same one I have. You dont have to get a refund, you just have to get a new peice to replace the one that is wrong. let me find the website with the pic of the peice & the number to call to have the piece sent to ya. You may actually have the one that was fixed which thankfully I did but it was still during the recall.

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:55 AM

heres the site, if this is the same recalled crib you have.

http://www.simplicityforchildren.com/ourproducts/notice_dropside/verify.asp

BabieBerrie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM

my son had the simplicity, good luck dealing with the company when we first got it the head board was cracked so I called to get a new one then had to fight with them for 2 months to get it, i even registered it for a recall while i ordered the new headboard and they never called me, I only learned it was recalled on a cafemom post, so I called and they said they'd send a repair kit that week, that was a few weeks ago and still nothing, I've called and emailed and complained on the website and still nothing for now my sons in my bed and I took apart the crib and have it stored incase they say i can send it back for a refund, now I'm shopping for a convertable crib since he's going to be in a toddler bed soon.

Photobucket

DaffysDoll
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:24 PM

It was given to us, so I'm not sure what one it is. I think from what I read on the website even with the replacement parts it still isn't safe. The screws that hold the matress frame keep coming loose as well. I called the consumer hotline and because there is no model number there's nothing they can do and can't get a refund to purchase a new crib. At least we have a pack n play he can sleep in =)

Quoting SweetAngel0401:

is it the simplicity 4-1 crib? if so its the same one I have. You dont have to get a refund, you just have to get a new peice to replace the one that is wrong. let me find the website with the pic of the peice & the number to call to have the piece sent to ya. You may actually have the one that was fixed which thankfully I did but it was still during the recall.

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Sorry, That really stinks! gotta love those pack n' plays though!

They sell a glue that you can use with screws, not sure the name, but you put the glue on the screw & the screw it in. That may help with them coming loose. Or you can always use a bit larger screws. just a thought....

Quoting DaffysDoll:

It was given to us, so I'm not sure what one it is. I think from what I read on the website even with the replacement parts it still isn't safe. The screws that hold the matress frame keep coming loose as well. I called the consumer hotline and because there is no model number there's nothing they can do and can't get a refund to purchase a new crib. At least we have a pack n play he can sleep in =)

Quoting SweetAngel0401:

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM

most of the time the model number is on the bottom of the thing that holds the mattress up....Other than that I duno...BUT there was a recall on the crib that I have also, it says that the brackets that are holding up the board that the mattress is on break so I'm having a new set of brackets sent to me so I can replace them.  Try their website, maybe email them, thats what I had to do

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

If you are talking about the simplicty 3 in 1 on 4 in 1 bassinet you should be able to take it back to where you bought it from for a refund. Here is a link to cpsc webiste and it will give you more information.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08378.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)