Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your kids eat anything "weird"?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM
  • 24 Replies

My DD is 4 and LOVES smoked oysters.  My DH made her cookies and milk one night and she said "I don't want that - I want the stuff in a can!"  Also when we went to my family's for Christmas the table was full (and I mean FULL) of sweets.  Cakes, cookies, candy, you name it and it was probably there.  The only thing on the entire table that wasn't sweet was a bowl of smoked oysters and that was all my DD wanted to eat.  Does anyone else have a child with "different" tastes??

Looking for a place where you can be yourself?  Where you can say what you want without being deleted?  Come join us.  www.cafemom.com/group/bitchbangers

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandi1999
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:59 AM

When my youngest son was still a toddler he would eat pickles and ketchup every chance he got. He still loves ketchup but not pickles.

qmqbt
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

My son is almost 3 and is like that with water.

sharebearII
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Our son will eat anything pickled.  That's how I get him to eat vegetables.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:03 PM

DS and Dd have and still love smoked oysters.  They like kalamata olives, parm cheese, smoked almonds, soy nuts, chick peas, kidney beans(plain, straight from a can) avacadoes, mushrooms, raw red onions, raw garlic, green peppers, and more I'm sure.
They both also guzzle gallons of water. 

Neither like tuna or sardines.  Weird, weird weird.

ninipanini

DnC0203
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM

I GOT MINE EATING SUSHI (ANY KIND), RAW ONIONS, SMOKED SALMON W/CREAM CHEESE RAW ONIONS N CAPERS YUM! AND WHEN WE GO TO A RESTAURANT MY SON IS THE ONE SAYING: FILET MIGON PLEASE, MEDIUM RARE.. WATER WITH NO LEMON AND MASHED POTATOES! (HE'S SIX)

THEY WILL TELL U SODA IS BAD ITS FILLED WITH SUGAR.. THERE IS PROBABLY A LOT OF STUFF THAT IS CONSIDERED 'WEIRD' THAT THEY EAT LOL

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM

As far as real food, my DD has always liked lemons. She is 16 months, I always give them to her when I get ices tea at restaraunts.  But then she also pulls fur off the cats and tries to eat it. EW! especially when she gets the end of the tail. She doesn't do it as much as she used to thankfully.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I love that about the soda.  DS is always quoting me on the High Fructose corn syrup bit.  Is this filled with HFC, Mom?  They prefer jelly (real fruit spread) on their pancakes rather than "maple syrup".  DS told his aunt, "I don't want high fructose corn syrup, do you have any fruit?" because all the syrup out there has HFC in it.  Unless it's 100% maple(7$/pint)LOL

ninipanini

Quoting DnC0203:

I GOT MINE EATING SUSHI (ANY KIND), RAW ONIONS, SMOKED SALMON W/CREAM CHEESE RAW ONIONS N CAPERS YUM! AND WHEN WE GO TO A RESTAURANT MY SON IS THE ONE SAYING: FILET MIGON PLEASE, MEDIUM RARE.. WATER WITH NO LEMON AND MASHED POTATOES! (HE'S SIX)

THEY WILL TELL U SODA IS BAD ITS FILLED WITH SUGAR.. THERE IS PROBABLY A LOT OF STUFF THAT IS CONSIDERED 'WEIRD' THAT THEY EAT LOL

karma1578
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:14 PM

My DD loves Smoked Oysters and craw dads.

DnC0203
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:33 PM

LOL THATS GREAT! Kids never cease to amaze me. Im not into junk foods and such so they really havent been that exposed to all of the sweets and now they don't even ask for them because they arent use to having them so it doesnt phase them at all... and i love that! Everytime someone knew hears them talk about soda they are amused.. he started saying it probably around 4.

I dont think i've ever had smoked oysters... in a can? i may have to try some i usually eat mine fresh on the half shell.. munchkinz also eat those too! mussels clams all of it! yummm

Quoting ninipanini:

I love that about the soda.  DS is always quoting me on the High Fructose corn syrup bit.  Is this filled with HFC, Mom?  They prefer jelly (real fruit spread) on their pancakes rather than "maple syrup".  DS told his aunt, "I don't want high fructose corn syrup, do you have any fruit?" because all the syrup out there has HFC in it.  Unless it's 100% maple(7$/pint)LOL

ninipanini

Quoting DnC0203:

baileesmomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

that is HILARIOUS! I though my 4 y/o DD was the only one who liked sushi and smoked oysters.

some other favorites of hers would be the fat off steak, the skin off chicken, crawdads, sushi, smoked oysters WITH hot sauce, butter and SALT, tomatoes and cucumbers in rice vinegar.

she's an expensive little eater!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)