Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared about 10 month old baby! (teeth)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey Mommas!!,

My almost 10 month old daughter is getting her two top teeth in...but they are extremely far part, actually you can fit a whole nother tooth in that space...I am like sooo scared that she will have this giant gap!!

When babies teeth grow in do they come together or should I be woried??

Thankyou!!

A very concerned momma!!

Chloes Mommy & Pregnant with Addison!!

toddler girl                  pregnant belly

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM

they will come together when the other teeth come in

deeder79
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:20 PM

They'll grow together when the other ones start to grow in and then when she loses them I bet her permanent teeth will be just fine!

4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM

It should be ok, but if she has teeth she should be seeing a dentist and he can tell you more. 

A baby should see a dental office at there first tooth, or not later than there first birthday, and most will want to see them every 3 months.

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 11 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 11 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last."          

ZBabies
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:21 PM

The other teeth should push those two together hopefully, but if the space is that big then they might not meet up completely. I think a small gap isn't bad plus those are going to fall out anyway. Both of my kids' teeth came in perfectly and my daughter has the straightest, whitest teeth I've ever seen. But she'd three. Who knows what the perm ones will look like. I wouldn't worry.

Josslynsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM

My friends lil girl has a gap between her baby teeth. I think that once the adult teeth come in they will come together. If not, the dentist has these little teeth rubberbands that you use and it pulls them together.

Are you sure that they are her top front teeth?? Could it be one front tooth and one side tooth??

luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM

places around here wont see them until they are 3

Quoting 4LifeTupperware:

It should be ok, but if she has teeth she should be seeing a dentist and he can tell you more. 

A baby should see a dental office at there first tooth, or not later than there first birthday, and most will want to see them every 3 months.

evaleesmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM

my sons came in really far apart to and i was scared but they are coming together now!!

vbongard
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Teeth do move as others come in.  For example, my first son had horrible alignment with his baby teeth, but his adult teeth came in much better.  On the same note, my middle kid had perfect baby teeth but his adult teeth are so horrible I am getting him braces as soon as he is old enough.  He also complains that his teeth hurt since a new tooth has started to come though because it is coming through crooked and is pushing the others out of the way.

kathie167
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM

My goodness relax!  If you are really worried take baby to the orthodontist!!  I really believe they will straighten themselves out....!

kathie167
marshsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

My son is 17 months and has a full mouth of teeth.  I tried taking him to the dentist on 2 occasions and both dentists told me to come back when he was 2.  Any younger and they can't follow direction enough to sit and have a good exam.  I wish I could take him sooner, he literally has all but 2 jaw teeth and I want him to see the dentist ASAP to avoid problems later.

Quoting 4LifeTupperware:

Circumcision is not cleaner, healthier, safer or NORMAL!

Dispel the myths!
              www.nocirc.org  |  http://www.icgi.org/  |  http://www.mothersagainstcirc.org/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)