Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you put personal info on the net

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: Personal info on the net...a worry to you or not?

Options:

I dont care

Don't list anything personal

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

I don't mean on private pages (or on a secured server like when you pay a bill).  I've just noticed several siggies or pages where someone puts their first and last name, bdays, etc.  To me, this seems like inviting trouble (lol i was even called a crazy stalker when a girl posted her private info and i googled it in an attempt to show her how easy it is to find someone).  What do you think?  Do you think this is safe?  If not, have you taken a good look at your page (here, myspace, facebook, etc) to see if you have enough sporadic info for a perv to track down how to find you?

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM

bump

hickory
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:20 PM

I used to until I clued in and realized it wasn't safe.  Unfortunately, all that previous info. is still floating out there in cyberspace.

mitch576
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM

not personal as in location...sometimes i might answer a post with general like {city... or state}

but... there is a lady right down the street from me with the same name!  it wouldn't be hard to find me either way.

i live in rhode island...which is the size of stamp in comparrison to where you all live.

put it this way.... if you live here and i don't know you... i know i know one of your cousins... or the friend of a friend.

so... you can't hide here.

trust me....no one wants to stalk me anyway... i'm not that sexy! lol

owner of 30andbeyond...jigsaw ribbon...ADMIN of autism, asperger's, pdd awareness

bjdmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I can't believe some of the post I read on here. I read about people lying about who their kids dad is so they can collect welfare. Don't these people realize that what they post is not private.

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

bump!

LaNette000
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I don't share a bunch of personal information. I don't even like sharing the link to my myspace page, because I may have more personable information there, because there's mostly family members on my myspace. I have one friend from cafemom on my myspace page and that's about my limit.

stephtill
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Same here.  I had a momentary freak out when I put a picture of the front of my house to show the snow and realized you could see my house number.  Won't be doing that again!  I'm sure if someone wanted to track me down they could, but I don't want to make it any easier for them.

Quoting hickory:

I used to until I clued in and realized it wasn't safe.  Unfortunately, all that previous info. is still floating out there in cyberspace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)