Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm really mad about this!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

I had to stop and get some gas on my way to work this morning and while I was filling up a young mom pulls up beside me to get gas too. I looked in the backseat and she had two little girls (I am guessing they were about 3). When I first glanced they were both sitting in their seats and I noticed that they were in old carseats that had the bar thingy going across the front and a 3 point harness. Then when I looked again the girls weren't even strapped in and they were running all over the back seat. Then when the mom went to pay the girls were opening the car door trying to get out and by the time she got back they were running around the outside of the car. She just picks them up and throws them back in and starts yelling at them. She doesn't buckle them in or anything! WTH is wrong with parents like this? Do they really think it is ok not to buckle their children up?

I am NOT a bad mom because I am a... front facing at 1 AND 20 bottle feeding, CIO, vaxing, spanking,  public-school sending, time-out giving, smoking,  church goingfull-time working, tipping the waitress because I've been there, non co-sleepingMcCain voting, Momma! Now put on your big girl panties and realize that I am not you!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cbeckham
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM

This doesn't upset anyone else?

bookwriter4kids
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM

It's truly sad.  One day I was at a red light and a car pulled up next to me.  It was summer and hot so the windows were open.  I heard a baby in the car next to me...the mom was sitting in the back.  She picks the baby up out of the car seat to nurse.  The light turns green and they take off.  I got the lic. plate # and called the police.  If I had said something before the light changed that baby may still be here.  Turns out, they ran the next red light and the baby went through the windshield and died instantly.  The baby was on it's way home from the hospital...4 days old.  WTH!?  I hear you mom!!  I always speak up and if they don't like it, I write down the plate # and make my call.

AlishaRenee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Ok i dont think u were tryin to say that its mostly young moms that do this but i kinda got that from it... any way i have no clue why ppl can be so dumb... i know a couple that would drive with their infant in their arms... it didnt matter how far they were goin they jus didnt want him to fuss so they would hold him in the front seat no nothin... crazy ppl

girl giving flowerwedding pregnant belly
I'm Alisha... Mommy to Aubrey Lynn... Wife to Matthew Kim & Expecting in Sept 09!

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:24 PM

u know what i see alot of mom's on here talking about thing's like this. if u didnt like what u saw u should have said something.

suzi960
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:25 PM

oh yeah it pisses me off..  then when something terrible happens they cry  oh how did this happen.... stupid ignorant peoplefrustrated

jennware81
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM

wow..young mom or not..that's not right.

i'm not sure what state you're in but, here in Missouri it's against the law to leave your children unattended in a vehicle. she would have gotten fined or even arrested on the spot if she would have been called in. anyone could have kidnapped those girls...or if they were running around, could have gotten hit by another car!

people really need to get a clue....

starrynight819
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:27 PM

wow...people need to be educated about infant car safety. what an ignorant bitch. (sorry that just pisses me off that the baby could've had a chance at life if the mother would have had BRAIN cells)

the baby could've waited twenty minutes to feed SAFELY at home.

grrrr

Quoting bookwriter4kids:

It's truly sad.  One day I was at a red light and a car pulled up next to me.  It was summer and hot so the windows were open.  I heard a baby in the car next to me...the mom was sitting in the back.  She picks the baby up out of the car seat to nurse.  The light turns green and they take off.  I got the lic. plate # and called the police.  If I had said something before the light changed that baby may still be here.  Turns out, they ran the next red light and the baby went through the windshield and died instantly.  The baby was on it's way home from the hospital...4 days old.  WTH!?  I hear you mom!!  I always speak up and if they don't like it, I write down the plate # and make my call.

pregnancy

cbeckham
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Sorry, I can see where you could get that impression, but no I really didn't mean mostly young moms. I know even older moms can make the same mistake.

Quoting AlishaRenee:

Ok i dont think u were tryin to say that its mostly young moms that do this but i kinda got that from it... any way i have no clue why ppl can be so dumb... i know a couple that would drive with their infant in their arms... it didnt matter how far they were goin they jus didnt want him to fuss so they would hold him in the front seat no nothin... crazy ppl

cbeckham
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Normally I would have said something, but I didn't this morning and I wish I did. I did get the license plate # and called my cousin who is a local cop. He was on duty this morning. He hasn't called me back yet to let me know what happened.

Quoting godsgirl26:

u know what i see alot of mom's on here talking about thing's like this. if u didnt like what u saw u should have said something.

missmason
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Yeah, I don't get it either, but one time my car broke down and the cops came cause my car broke down in a really bad spot and we didn't get it pushed far enough off the road for the cops liking! Well we had to wait 20 minutes for my step-dad to come pick my husband at the time, my kids and I up so the cop decided that we would all be safe if we went to the gas station that was 5 miles up the road. So they put my husband in the cop truck and took him to the jail house cause he had a warrent out for his arrest cause another county didn't file their paperwork right, but that is besides the point. So they put my daughter's car seat in the trunk of the cop car and seat belt my daughter who was only 2 at the time in the back seat, and put me in the front seat and then they sat my son who was less then a year old on my lap in his car seat but the door wouldn't close that way so they rolled down the window and his feet were hanging out the window, and I kept yelling at the cops telling them that I didn't see how this was safe and they told me if I didn't stop talking then they were taking me to jail also and they were having CPS come get my kids!! Now if this was me driving down the road with kids positioned like this I would have gotten a ticket and my kids taken away from me!! What makes it right for the cops to do this??

bouncing momMe and my two wonderful children!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)