Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its my mom's turn... LOL-- PLEASE READ. *UPDATE*

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM
  • 22 Replies

So my mom doesn't catch much of a break ever.

She works hard, takes care of my little brother and helps me to keep a roof over my and my children's heads.  I've lived with her for about 2 years now. While I was in college and now I'm about to finally move out! =) Anyways- she goes to work from 8-1 7 days a week. At 4 through the weekdays she goes to get my children from the baby sitter and keeps them until I get off from work and back into town about 7 at night. She helps me out alot.

Well this Sat. is her birthday! =) Last year,I surprised her! I cleaned the whole house and made an awesome home cooked dinner everything home made. She loved it! We also bought her a small gift one from my brother and one from my son (my dd wasn't born at the time I was still prego).

This year, she's helped me out more than ever. I want to do something special for her. I need some idea's to top last years surprise.

SO TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD LOVE AS A GIFT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? WHAT WOULD JUST MAKE YOU SAY THATS THE BEST GIFT EVER!

*SOMETHING REASONABLE LOL NO BRAND NEW CARS, HOUSE, ETC*

TIA!

--OK UPDATE:     SHE'S NOT A MATERIALISTIC PERSON WHICH IS WHY BUYING IS HARD FOR HER LOL. AND ALSO SHE DOESN'T LIKE MASSAGES/FACIALS- SHE'S JUST NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON. I DON'T KNOW WHY, I PERSONALLY WOULD LOVE IT LOL.. MAYBE I SHOULD ASK HER IF SHE WOULD LIKE TO EVEN TRY IT? LOL. SHE'S ALSO SAID NO THOUGH, MAYBE SHE WOULD NOW THAT SHE HAS NO TIME TO HERSELF LOL. HMM ANY MORE IDEAS BESIDES THE SPA??

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

BUMP!!

pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Um.. no one likes gifts?? LOL

hem0036
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:35 PM

maybe make a coupon book for things like cleaning the house, cooking dinner, going out to a movie, just a few inexpensive things she could redeem when she wants to

I'm a 19 year old married mom of one who works full time, co-sleeps, selectively vaccinates, exclusively breast feeds, uses disposable diapers, will practice extended rear facing, is a high school graduate, and a college student.
luv_my_xiya
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

send her to the spa for a massage and facial

starrynight819
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

i don't know how much you can spend, but i would either get her a plane ticket for a long weekend somewhere nice, or the house to herself for an ENTIRE day.

who doesn't love peace and quiet?

pregnancy

mosynvega5145
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:37 PM

A spa day or vacation FOR SURE! Sounds like she needs some time off!! =]

BlessedMommy530
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

What about making her a photo book? I made one for each of my sisters for Christmas last year. You can do it really easy online on the Walmart site. It's kind of like making a digital scrapbook. It was a big hit. Also, doing nice things like you had said before...give her a pedicure at home, make her favorite meal, sew something (if you do that), remember it's the thought that counts. (:

pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:39 PM

That's a nice idea. How many coupons would you do?

Quoting hem0036:

maybe make a coupon book for things like cleaning the house, cooking dinner, going out to a movie, just a few inexpensive things she could redeem when she wants to

lexilu02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:39 PM

what about an hour long massage. they are pretty cheap. you can probably find a place that does them for about $30-$50. I know I ould loooove somethng like that!! Good luck :)

PeytonNBella
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Same as last year with a home foot massage thrown in or if your against touching feet, send her to a spa. Mom's enjoy the effort put into the gift more then the gift. At least my Mom does LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)