Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Sad!! UPDATED

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:28 PM
  • 6 Replies

I need prayers for a young boy in my school.  He is in the 3rd grade and they just found out today that he has lymphoma.  They are going to put a port in and start chemo asap.  I have known him for several years and I have known his parents forever.  I am so upset and can't stop crying.  I just can't imagine what they are going thru. I know how I feel about it and I know they have to be feeling 100 times worse.  I just don't get it. He is such a big healthy kid and he is such a good kid and so much fun to be around. Cancer is such a nasty thing and I hate that any child has to go thru it. I hate it!!! I also hate that I know have to explain this horrible thing to my children they are 7 and 6 and they are friends with him. This truly sux!!! I ask that you all send your prayers and good thoughts for him and his wonderful family and to the doctors who are caring for him.  Thank you and thank you for letting me rant.

Ok I got more info today. The type of chemo he has is Burkitts lymphoma and it is stage 3. It is a fast growing cancer.  thankfully it is not in his bones but he is going to have to have 6 months of very aggresive chemo which they already started yesterday.  I really hate this for him and I can't imagine the hell they are going thru and is yet to come.  Please keep him in your prayers and if anything new comes up I will let you know.  thank  you all for your prayers and encouraging words.

JAN. 30TH

oK THINGS ARE GOING PRETTY GOOD THE CANCER HAS ALREADY SHRUNK AFTER THE FIRST ROUND OF CHEMO HE HAS STARTED A SECOND ROUND OF EXTREMELY STRONG CHEMO SO KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS AND MAYBE THIS WILL GO AWAY SOONER THAN THEY THOUGHT. ALSO KEEP HIS LITTLE SIS IN YOUR PRAYERS TOO SHE IS ONLY 3 AND I AM SURE THIS IS HARD ON HER TO CAUSE HER WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN CHANGED AND SHE IS NOT GETTING TO BE WITH MOM AND DAD AS MUCH.  THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND PRAYERS THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
boyx3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

praying

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I am so sorry. He and his family are in my prayers! Keep us updated, please..

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Quoting Erna2:

I am so sorry. He and his family are in my prayers! Keep us updated, please..

Josslynsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM

I hope that they have caught it early! I have met a lot of young cancer survivors. My dd was diagnosed at 7 months old with a horrible auto immune disease that will take her away from me at about 20years of age after developing cancer from it. These kids are SO strong and all the positive encouragement is really what's best for him and his family! My nephews that are 6 and almost 3 seem to have a grasp on what these diseases mean. My advice is to tell your kids what cancer is and explain the chemo treatments to them and just that they need to still have fun with their friend and wash their hands a lot around him because when he's on chemo he can get sick very very very easily! :)

Good luck to you and yours! :)

DylanChloesmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM

thank you all so much and I will keep you updated

duke25fan
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:01 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to the little boy and his family, as well as to you and your kids as you come to terms with what's going on. I pray that you'll be able to give him and his parent's the support they need and  you the right words to explain to your kids what's going on with your their friend and how they can help him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)