Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Americas Secret Epidimic

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=378732

Just want your thoughts on this article

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanielleLynne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:40 PM

overall it's THE MOTHER'S decision, pressure or not....

Owner of 'SKA MAMAS'              http://www.cafemom.com/group/21660

NikkiPhoenix
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I think you are looking for drama.

I do not think that most abortions are forced. I think if you are old enough to get pregnant you are old enough to make your own choice.

I think that it is a private matter, and many pro-life campaigns are just trying to scare woman and make many feel horrible about their choices.

I think that if anyone bans abortion, they will throw women rights back into the 60's, with kitchen-table abortions.

I think that it is a woman's right to choose.

*If you don't like my opinion I am sorry.  But you asked for opinions.*

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

"If I am not for me, who will be?  If I am for myself alone, what am I?  If not now, when?"  Pirke Avot 1:14

I might not agree with every choice he made, but they were made with true intentions.

krista778
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I just have to say that no one can MAKE you think, say, or DO anything. Its a personal choice to go through with it and they need to stop blaming someone else for THEIR decision!

jcsg
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Quoting krista778:

I just have to say that no one can MAKE you think, say, or DO anything. Its a personal choice to go through with it and they need to stop blaming someone else for THEIR decision!

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I was going to say the same thing.  You can't "force" someone to do something they don't want to do.  That's bull.

Quoting krista778:

~Jill~

ElShaddi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I wasn't looking for drama per say and yes you have a right to your opinion I never stated mine. Don't you think there might be a select few especially the young girls that may have been cohered?

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

I do not think that most abortions are forced. 

I think that it is a private matter, and many pro-life campaigns are just trying to scare woman and make many feel horrible about their choices.

I think that if anyone bans abortion, they will throw women rights back into the 60's, with kitchen-table abortions.

mrssundin
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

I do not think that most abortions are forced. I think if you are old enough to get pregnant you are old enough to make your own choice.

so an 8 year old who gets pregnant can make the choice for themselves, i really dont think so..

NikkiPhoenix
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Since it is her body, then yes she should have the choice. 

Quoting mrssundin:

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

so an 8 year old who gets pregnant can make the choice for themselves, i really dont think so..

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" -Epicurus

"If I am not for me, who will be?  If I am for myself alone, what am I?  If not now, when?"  Pirke Avot 1:14

I might not agree with every choice he made, but they were made with true intentions.

NikkiPhoenix
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM

I don't see how.  I don't think any doctor that wants to keep their license would strap a child down and perform a D&C with the child screaming no.  ANY child (regardless of age) should have a say.  Even if I was anti-abortion, I would think that a very young child carrying a pregnancy to term could be fatal to the child.

Quoting ElShaddi:

I wasn't looking for drama per say and yes you have a right to your opinion I never stated mine. Don't you think there might be a select few especially the young girls that may have been cohered?

Quoting NikkiPhoenix:

I do not think that most abortions are forced. 

ElShaddi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I do agree with you but what about the part where they were talking about proper counseling or the really young girls who are easily coerce lets say by parents.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I was going to say the same thing.  You can't "force" someone to do something they don't want to do.  That's bull.

Quoting krista778:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)