Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my child is SCREAMING right now!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: what should i do?

Options:

give her her nuk, so she'll sleep

NO don't give in

give it back in about 10 mins.. if she keeps crying.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 39

View Results

i'm trying to get her off her nuk! she's soo addicted to it.. So i put her down for a nap with out it and she's screaming her head off! she i let her cry it out until she goes to sleep or give her her nuk back!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pearee
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM

No clue-- haven't gotten to that point yet.

But here is a bump and some good luck! Just keep your composure!

pearee

Oh but I do have a question--

are you stopping cold turkey?

or easing her off it?

nathans_mom407

How old is she?

MommeeTo4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM

comfort her, hold her play with her ect

CarlyQ
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM

One thing that has stuck with me about things like letting a baby CIO or taking away the pacifier and letting them cry until they realize it is okay is that if you let them cry and then give in, it is like you tortured them for nothing! If you want her off the nuk, I'd say let her cry even if she ends up getting up later without having slept. She won't get off it if you give in and she'll learn if she cries long enough she'll get what she wants.

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Don't give in we are breaking the bottle it will get better

MissMandaz
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

have strength and get over this hump.. try to telling ur kiddoe that the nuk is going to a new baby that needs it and maybe the big kid speach lol.. then i would try to introduce a blanket or a stuffed animal. maybe let your kiddoe pick out a new stuffed animal at the store.. just an idea.. good luck..

~Mandaz

krista778
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:12 PM

What she said!

Quoting CarlyQ:

One thing that has stuck with me about things like letting a baby CIO or taking away the pacifier and letting them cry until they realize it is okay is that if you let them cry and then give in, it is like you tortured them for nothing! If you want her off the nuk, I'd say let her cry even if she ends up getting up later without having slept. She won't get off it if you give in and she'll learn if she cries long enough she'll get what she wants.

Audreysmommy123
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:13 PM

she's 2

Quoting nathans_mom407:

How old is she?

cdnmom24
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I haven't gone through it yet. But ny cousin said it took her daughter about two days to fully adjust. She took it away cold turkey. I am going to take my daughter's away in a few weeks on a weekend. She only uses hers for nap and bed time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)