Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have my frist intervew on Friday

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

I just graduated with my Associates in Human services degree last month. I have an Associates of Arts degree too. I have been working so hard on finding a job all month and I got a phone call today about an interview on Friday with a WIC program. I am so excited and very nerves. I want to start working and at this point I don't even care what the pay is or the benefits it will get me some experience until I find something a little better. I haven't worked a paid job in almost 10 months I was trying to finish up my practicums/internships. I actually did a practicum interview for the position but it didn't work out at that time. The last time I bumped into the lady that did the interview she told me to apply as soon as I graduate because they always have openings. This time it is going to be a different person doing the interview but I think this still sounds promising. I know they had a lot of people applying for the job. I saw at least 5 resumes when I turned in mine so that makes me a little worried but over the phone the lady said that they were looking for someone that lived in the same city as the office which I do. I'm so excited god I really need this just yesterday I was thinking man if I could just get an interview with someone anything I know I would blow them away. I have been looking for almost a month now.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Skygirl1985
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM

BUMPing for support.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Good luck momma!

kristanBellasMa
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Congrats and good luck to you. The only thing that I read that was a red flag is that they always have positions open. I would wonder why? Is the company horrible to employee's so the rate of people quitting or getting fired is high? Or is the pay just so terrible that people try to move on as soon as they can? Maybe look at this as a practice interview rather than looking at it as a great job to start at. Besides you don't want to only work there for a few months because if you have a few jobs on your resume that are only for a few months that will make future employers wonder why you are a job hopper. Does that makes sense? The first two jobs I had were for two years and now I am on my third and have been here for 4 years. But they know I am reliable. If you have a few jobs every couple months that isn't really gaining experience and it looks like you don't want to settle down and stick with a company. And in the end they are the ones putting time and effort into training you. So good luck to you and just a few things for you to think about since your just starting out.

Skygirl1985
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I think it might be because of high turn over. I know that is a red flag in my mind too but even if I only hold the job for a few months I would only quite to start another job that was better. So I would just let the next employer know this and hope that they are supportive.

Quoting kristanBellasMa:

Congrats and good luck to you. The only thing that I read that was a red flag is that they always have positions open. I would wonder why? Is the company horrible to employee's so the rate of people quitting or getting fired is high? Or is the pay just so terrible that people try to move on as soon as they can? Maybe look at this as a practice interview rather than looking at it as a great job to start at. Besides you don't want to only work there for a few months because if you have a few jobs on your resume that are only for a few months that will make future employers wonder why you are a job hopper. Does that makes sense? The first two jobs I had were for two years and now I am on my third and have been here for 4 years. But they know I am reliable. If you have a few jobs every couple months that isn't really gaining experience and it looks like you don't want to settle down and stick with a company. And in the end they are the ones putting time and effort into training you. So good luck to you and just a few things for you to think about since your just starting out.

Skygirl1985
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Well time for me to get dressed and get going. I am so nervous. I just pray it goes well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)