Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thrush

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 7 month old had thrush about two weeks ago.  We went through a round of antibiotics, and now just a few days after his treatment is over it looks like its coming back.  I HATE the idea of doing ANOTHER round of antibiotics ( I wasn't thrilled about the first one) is there any way to get rid of this without antibiotics?  Also, is there a way to prevent this?  I wash ds's mouth out twice a day with a small finger brush and infant toothpaste.

Thanks moms.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
krista778
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I think I saw Walgreens had some drops for it, but I'm not sure.

Juann25
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM

I'm not sure, but make sure you sterilize everything so it kills it. My 2 older had thrush and it wa a pain.

Ceryn2082
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM

bump

BoxerMomma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Antibiotics for the treatment seems odd to me.  It has been 7 or so years since I have dealt with thrush but I thought the antibiotics is what caused it.  It is a form of yeast infection.  The dr gave both of my girls some yellowish liquid medicine that smelled terrible.  I don't know how your dr works but with mine I would have just called up the nurse and told her that it looked they still had it and she would talk with the dr to determine if they need to see her or call in more medicine.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM

wave

Hi
Ceryn2082,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)