Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnant after tubal ligation?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you or someone you know gotten pregnant after a tubal ligation?

Options:

YES! Boy. was I shocked!

No. Thank my lucky stars!

Not yet but wouldn't be surprised!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

I had a scare recently and thought I was pregnant even though it has been 5 years since I had the tl done.  Turns out there is a failure rate but my issue was something else and not a pregnancy.  HAs anyone else actually gotten pregnant after the tubal ligation?  I heard that the failure rate increases after 10 years! I am worried about that because the Pill allowed my 5 year old to exist. If a tubal isn't 100% I will be one of the ones to conceive.  And never let dh touch me again!

simple smileJane  aka Mamaford2

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lacy_2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM

My sis had a tubal done nearly 3 years ago. Found out a year ago that she was pregnant. It was tubal pregnancy so it had to be terminated. Then again 3 months later. ( You would have thought she would have learned) Also another tubal pregnancy that was terminated.

dfearless
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM

My cousin went in for pre-op to have her tubes tied.  Of course they did a preganancy test...which was negative.  AFTER they tied her tubes, they did another pregnancy test (this was like 2 weeks later), it was positive and she had a healthy baby boy. lol

mygrlsrck
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM

My tubal is five years old....I have an 18 month old.  We did IVF (in-vitro fert) to have her and will do so one more time.  Hopefully, after ten years it will continue to work for me, as I will be done having children...lol!

WhiteTigerLily
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM

My mom had one and got pregnant 11 yrs later. We were all shocked!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)