Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep issues at 21 months

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

my dd will be 21 months in 2 days and she has been having major sleep issues within the past week. normally, she takes 2 short naps durning the day and sleeps 10 hours a night (roughly 11.5 hours total each day)

but in the last week, she has not slept well through the night and she doesnt sleep in her normal pattern during the day either. Yesterday she slept for 2.5 hours during nap, didnt go to sleep last night until 1015 or later, and was up before 6 am. she slept for about an hour from 1030 am to 1130 am. the other day i had to wake her from her nap when it hit 3 hours. why would she suddenly be having sleep issues?

Join the PoInTlEsS gRoUp!!

(and we can get silly!)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommacarrie423
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

maybe try putting her down for one nap a day....my dd is 21 months and she naps 1 nap for about 2 hours or so and goes to bed btwn 8-9 sometimes later if we let her.....she gets up btwn 8 and 9 too

dd doesnt sleep that long overnight... shes in bed around 830 and up by 630 (my nephews go to school so she wakes when they do, never fails.)

Join the PoInTlEsS gRoUp!!

(and we can get silly!)

joshlor2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM

my dd has slept from 8-6:30/7 everynight and only sleeps about 1-3 hours for her one nap....it started changing to that pattern when she got closer to 2

as they get older their sleep needs and patterns change, try putting he rin her bed the same time everynight 8-9 and let her get up with the boys at 6-7 and put her down for one nap right after munch and let her sleep no later than 3:30-4 so she will go down at the right time....some days my dd won't nap at all but she still goes in her bed for her allowed time...and she might skip nap for a few days then all of a sudden she will sleep a 3 hour nap for a couple of days i don't sweat it as long as i keep her to her routine she gets resting time so if she needs the sleep i know she can

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM

wave

Hi
mommacarrie423,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)