Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice from you on Tennessee

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

We are moving in January 2010 to Tennessee

We are almost positive that we are going to be going to Chattanooga....job is a little flexible as far as location.

Does anyone live there, or have knowledge or experience on the area?

Please give me any information that you may have.

If it is too much to type, and you would rather talk on the phone, send me a message on here and we can arrange phone number swap some how.

Please, we are very excited but want more info than we are just finding online.

Thank you so very much for your time.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Wow...can I come vist this summer?? Chattonoga is beautiful!! My cousin lived in Winchester a little over an hour from there and I loved it there. Mont Eagle is between Chatt. and where she lived its a neat place too. Sorry I dont have any info to share with you on schools and stuff like that but good luck with your move.

Christy-
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:38 PM

HI. I am from Ocoee, TN about 45 minutes from Chattanooga.

What all are you wanting to know? I know a lto about the area.

miralerk
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:39 PM

I live in Tennessee about an hour and twenty minutes from Chattanooga. Its great here. Small town no hassle. The only thing I dont like about it is the weather. It is either freezing or boiling it cant seem to make up its mind. The people here are great though. Schools are great. Good Luck.

Christy-
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:41 PM

If you are looking for a place to live you may be happier in Cleveland. It is about 20-30 minutes out from Chattanooga. It is alot cheaper there. Your connected to Chattanooga by the interstate, less crime, but still in a decent size city.

KYChica
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Yay!!! Me me me!!! I was raised there (Born in Cleveland about 15 mins away) now I live in Rossville Ga , which is literally 10 mins from East Ridge.

Like any other city there are good & bad parts of Chattanooga. If you move to East Ridge , it's really nice. Downtown is a little too bad for my taste , alot of drug dealing & gang activity. But like I said , I was raised there & I'm fine. My parents now live in East Ridge , they have a great school that my little sister went to. Spring Creek Elementary is the best , she now goes to the middle school & high school I went to which is East Ridge Middle & High. They're pretty good schools , they have to wear uniforms.

There are ALOT of attractions in Chattanooga. The Aquarium , The Creative Discovery Museam , Lots of outside concerts & shows (That I have to recommend because my step father does sound for those concerts).

I hope that you & I can maybe become friends if you move here. I don't do anything except sit at home with my 3 kids (Besides work every now & then. I'm a dancer). This can be a fun town !!! You should PM me so we can keep in touch & you can ask ?'s if you want!!

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Christy-
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Hey cool! I see you on here all the time. I didn't know you were raised in Cleveland! I live in Ocoee, but in Cleveland all the time. I know what you mean, I sit at home with my 3 kids all the time too. lol

Quoting KYChica:

Yay!!! Me me me!!! I was raised there (Born in Cleveland about 15 mins away) now I live in Rossville Ga , which is literally 10 mins from East Ridge.

Like any other city there are good & bad parts of Chattanooga. If you move to East Ridge , it's really nice. Downtown is a little too bad for my taste , alot of drug dealing & gang activity. But like I said , I was raised there & I'm fine. My parents now live in East Ridge , they have a great school that my little sister went to. Spring Creek Elementary is the best , she now goes to the middle school & high school I went to which is East Ridge Middle & High. They're pretty good schools , they have to wear uniforms.

There are ALOT of attractions in Chattanooga. The Aquarium , The Creative Discovery Museam , Lots of outside concerts & shows (That I have to recommend because my step father does sound for those concerts).

I hope that you & I can maybe become friends if you move here. I don't do anything except sit at home with my 3 kids (Besides work every now & then. I'm a dancer). This can be a fun town !!! You should PM me so we can keep in touch & you can ask ?'s if you want!!

JordansMama2003
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I was born in Tennessee and lived there for the first 4 years of my life. I was really young but I loved Tennessee!! It is my dream for my husband and I to retire there. I lived in Memphis, Knoxville, and Nashville. My dad lives in Nashville currently. I just remember going to Dolly Wood and the mountains. It so beautiful there! Sorry, I couldn't tell you more. You should be excited!

davidnjonsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Hi! I am from Knoxville, TN. Chattanooga is a wonderful area! I miss Tennessee SO BAD!!! I'm jealous of you! LOL If you have any specific questions....just PM me!

davidnjonsmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM

OOOOHHHHH! I LOVE Dollywood!!! This post is making me very nostalgic and missing Tennessee! LOL

Quoting JordansMama2003:

I was born in Tennessee and lived there for the first 4 years of my life. I was really young but I loved Tennessee!! It is my dream for my husband and I to retire there. I lived in Memphis, Knoxville, and Nashville. My dad lives in Nashville currently. I just remember going to Dolly Wood and the mountains. It so beautiful there! Sorry, I couldn't tell you more. You should be excited!

Pegarina
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Hello Fellow Tennesseans! I am from Tennessee also! I live in Dickson(Near Nashville) at the Moment! East Tennessee is a beautiful place to live!  I grew up in west Tennessee (Lexington). I loved going to the Mountains on vacation! I think you wiill love it there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)