Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lemon Juice?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

Okay does Lemon juice really work to lighten your hair?  What about that sun-in stuff, I know the sun-in works but is it bad for your hair?  I heard it hollows the hair making it really brittle.

- Cat

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
teresa06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:58 PM

No idea but i would like to find out the answer about the lemon juice. So here is a BUMP for you!

jitterbuug48
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

thanks for the bump!

Quoting teresa06:

No idea but i would like to find out the answer about the lemon juice. So here is a BUMP for you!

- Cat

jitterbuug48
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM

no body knows?

- Cat

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:31 PM

it can work for blondes but i dont know if it would work for someone with darker hair...i think it just brings out your natural highlights.  i also think that if you have red tones in your hair i wouldn't do it...can turn them orange.  make sure you dilute the lemon down with water.  use only natural lemon without any added stuff.  and use a heavy conditioner after to avoid the dry out.  never tried sun-in so not sure about that.

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

Ladywolf1976
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I use to use Sun In all of the time.  I'll never useit again.  It makes your hair lighter but I've found out that now it makes it harder for regualr hair dye to stay in your hair.

jitterbuug48
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:18 PM

hmmm interesting

Quoting Ladywolf1976:

I use to use Sun In all of the time.  I'll never useit again.  It makes your hair lighter but I've found out that now it makes it harder for regualr hair dye to stay in your hair.

- Cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)