Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor little girl (updated in blue)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well we just got back from the hospital.  My baby girl had her eye surgery today to fix her strabismus (cross-eye).  They had to fix both eyes.  The doctor said everything went perfect.  I wouldn't know - she won't open her eyes yet.  She's very sleepy from the anesthesia.  They said her eyes would be sensitive to light today.  We have eye drops that we have to do 4 times a day - I am not looking forward to that - she HATES eye drops.  I just know it's going to traumatize her.  I feel so bad for my little baby. 

simple frown

Update:  I've seen her eyes.  It's different seeing her eyes straight.  I'm so used to seeing them towards the corners of her eyes they almost look too far out.  She finally opened her eyes this evening...she had a very hard time coming out of the anesthesia.  I was getting worried.  But it's like a light turned on this evening.  She all of the sudden woke up - started eating, drinking and playing.  I know she's getting back to normal because she was riding her little play horse (her fav. thing to do).  Here's a picture of my little one.  Thanks for all your well wishes to her and encouragements to me.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Poor baby its for her own good though.  Its better then the future roblems it would have caused

afwifeandmommy1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I m glad her surgery went well. I don't think any babies like eye drops. But in the end it will help her..I hope she recovers quickly...

McKennasmom03
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Aww poor baby. Good thing kids recuperate fast. Do you have one of those cups to put eye drops in? Those help alot.

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Awwww, poor baby!  :o(  Hang tough Mommy she'll be alright and she'll thank you someday for having them fixed.

Dramatimes3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Quoting McKennasmom03:

Aww poor baby. Good thing kids recuperate fast. Do you have one of those cups to put eye drops in? Those help alot.

I've never heard of that.  Where do you get one....maybe it will help me.   Thanks

marina069
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM

i am so sorry, poor little thing, but i would rather it be fixed now while she is so young, i'm sure she doesn't like the drops but just give lots of hugs and cuddles after you're done giving them, that's great that the dr said everything went perfect, hugs for both of you

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

momx22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

poor baby glad to hear it went well though. maybe she's young enough she wont remember any of  this  later

Starlenegirl
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Poor baby.  Hope she feels better soon.  Better to get it over with now than when she's older. 

two2tango
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

God bless :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)