Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nair for dummies?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 11 Replies

long story short, i bought some nair because I'm tired of shaving. I let my hair grow out for a week and gently applied it to desired area. moments later, it burned the ever loving jesus out of me. i quickly wiped it off but it still burned. i called their hotline number for questions or comments and told them my misfortune in hopes this was "normal". The operator busted up laughing and told me to not place said items on genitals for future refrence. Why is this not printed on their box? or on their instructions?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM
its printed on the nair i used to use. the 4 minute kind.
momto3girls0620
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM

for future reference ..use veet for sensitive skin~it's not as harsh

mom22gr8boys
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM

i used nair on my legs before..i thought it said dont use on bikini areas

ScrewednTattood
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:05 PM

i bought the facial kind because it said for sensetive skin... isn't that area also considered sensetive?

pam228
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM

ouch!!!! try some ice,to take some of the burn out. ouch!

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:06 PM

are you sure its not written on the bottle? I remember last time I used nair it said not to use near genitals.  They change their lable?

Sorry to hear that by the way. I have put certain lotion down there before because I was applying it everywhere & made me TINGLE BIG TIME. lol

marina069
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM

i thought it was printed on the label, i do not have good luck with Nair and Veet, they both burn me really bad also, and it only lasts for a couple of days, i love my epilator, its like an electric razor but it rips the hair out by the roots, yes it does hurt the first few times but after that it doesn't hurt at all and it lasts longer than shaving, i'm a hair removal expert, lol, i think i have tried everything out there

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

ktwister
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I used it on my legs before and was left with a rash...it hurt bad enough on legs... I could only imagine the pain if I put it any where near there...

ScrewednTattood
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Ok I tried taking pictures but its not playing very well with me... word for word what this bottle says..

TO APPLY CREAM: Remove all make up. Spread cream onto fingertips. Spread a think even layer to cover hair. DO NOT RUB IN.Wash your hands IMMEDIATLY after application. Leave cream on for 5 minutes. Than check a small area for hair removal. Total hair removal depends on thickness. If the hair doesn't come off in 5 minutes, leave for a few minutes longer. DO NOT EXCEED 10 MINUTES of total application time. To remove cream and hair: Gently wipe off the cream and hair with a damp washcloth. Do not rub. Once all hair has been removed, RINSE SKIN THOROUGHLY with luke warm water. Pat Dry. Keep bottle tightly closed between uses.

jennymitchell
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I have the same thing.  Just bought it yesterday as a matter of fact!  Keep reading!  At the end of WARNING it says

"DO NOT USE AROUND EYES, IN NOSE, IN EARS OR ON BREAST NIPPLES (as opposed to what nipples?) PERIANAL, OR VAGINAL/GENITAL AREAS.  KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN"

Quoting ScrewednTattood:

Ok I tried taking pictures but its not playing very well with me... word for word what this bottle says..

TO APPLY CREAM: Remove all make up. Spread cream onto fingertips. Spread a think even layer to cover hair. DO NOT RUB IN.Wash your hands IMMEDIATLY after application. Leave cream on for 5 minutes. Than check a small area for hair removal. Total hair removal depends on thickness. If the hair doesn't come off in 5 minutes, leave for a few minutes longer. DO NOT EXCEED 10 MINUTES of total application time. To remove cream and hair: Gently wipe off the cream and hair with a damp washcloth. Do not rub. Once all hair has been removed, RINSE SKIN THOROUGHLY with luke warm water. Pat Dry. Keep bottle tightly closed between uses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)