Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Running away?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 5 year old has informed me she's running away. She packed her little suitcase with some clothes, toys and of course Bacon (that would be her stuffed pig she can't sleep without). She says she's leaving tomorrow and flying to Gramma's. Not real sure how she plans on getting the two hours to the airport but she's definitely all ready to go! Apparently she's mad at her sister.

My oldest used to do this all the time. She'd get mad at someone and pack a bag. Then go sit on the porch waiting for Gramma to come get her. Ten minutes later she'd be bored and back in the house lol.

Do your little one's "run away" too?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM

We haven't had that yet. They are 6 years old and 2 1/2 years old.

kammiek
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:16 PM

My stepson gets mad when he's disciplined so he grabs clothes, a toy or two. He always asks me for two quarters & to write his Grandma's number down & make him some chocolate milk. He calls his Daddy to say his farewells, & tells me bye. He says he's gonna call her from the 7-11 on the corner & walks out the front door. He has never made it off the porch. Always ends in hugs, kisses, apologizing, & some family fun time like games.

adamjackie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:16 PM

My oldest is 3 so no not yet. I am lmao at your story though. It is so cute.

itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:17 PM

No my kid thinks it more fun to stay here and torture me :O)

kristoph61
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM

When I was 6 I packed my suitcase and so did my cousin Johnny and we were walking hand in hand down the drive way to go to our gmas house who was a block away. My mom came out and said where do you two think you are going and we said we are mad cause we cant have a snack and gma will give us one and we are going there!  She called my gma who sent us back home!

MissInvisible
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

At least I'm not alone lol. I think it's cute especially since I know she won't actually walk out the front door. She's way too attached to mommy's hip!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)