Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  • 17 Replies

I want to know what you ladies do when there is just way too much on your plate. I am having a lot of anxiety and feeling helpless because I have sooo much on my plate. I have a lot that needs to be done in a short amount of time. I feel overwelmed and just want to hide under my blanket. I don't though. I do keep going and getting things done but the list does not seem to be shortening.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adamjackie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Anyone with advice? Having serious stress issues here.

101InfantryWife
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I too have a ton going on in life.. and it gets VERY VERY overwhelming at times.

What I do to try and relax is remove myself from the problem.  In my case, alot of stress is at home (not a bad marriage, just dealing with kids and disabled husband can get hard from being 22 years old).      I will take a break and go for a walk.. or go for a drive.. Alone.

I also use CafeMom and a Yahoo Group to vent.. which really helps to get the support I need.

I listen to my Zune to block out reality lol..

My doc had said I need to be on Anxiety meds.. but I can never remember to take them.. so I just dont..
Stick close to the ones you love, they usually know best how to make you smile.

:)

101InfantryWife
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Oh and btw-- not sure if your list includes these things.. but No.. my house is never clean lol.. I clean and clean but it always gets wrecked.. guess I can blame it on the kids...

I always have Laundry.. dishes.. Chores.. Bills.. Appointments..

But sometimes too just having a good cry helps.. Like bawling my eyes out.. Lol. Or a hot shower..

Just know that you are one woman.. trying your hardest and that is all that matters.

Oh and dont forget to ask for Help!!  If there are things the kids can do.. ask them to!

aidensmom1117
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I have anxiety issues, I should probably be on some sort of medication, but oh well! I find I will prioritise! Do the important stuff or the stuff with the soonest dead-line!
If you don't mind me asking what sort of things are on your plate!?!?
And make sure by the end of the day you get to relax a little, try not to take the stress to bed! easier said than done, I know!

geminig3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Prioritize..sometimes what we think HAS to be done really doesn't.  Learn to let it go.

When I'm super stressed I workout..running does wonders for my mood :-)

Lovegaia78
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I was recently extremely stressed as I had a ridiculous amount on my plate as well. But over the weekend I got "let go" from my job...now I feel like a different person.

From this experience, I know that if you are feeling that you cannot handle all that you have going on, you have to find a way to let go of some of your responsibilites or else you will burn out and bad things happen then. If mom ain't happy, no one is.

Now I am looking for a part-time job instead of working 44 hours a week and what a world of difference! Yeah we will be poor but it's still less stressful.

25beengoodtome

First of all, I sit down in the morning with my coffee and write a list of things I believe need to get done . Then, as each item is completed, cross it off, or give it a star. Not fair adding to the list until you have everything completed! If you find or remember more "to do's", make a new list tomorrow.

I  caught myself not rewarding myself for what I DID get done, just griping about what NEEDS to get done. It was too overwhelming that way. The list gives you a clear inventory.And, atthe end of the day, you'll see how much you do without taking credit for it.

adamjackie

Thanks! My dh is coming home in just a few more weeks, we are pcsing to Knox, we have the stress of trying to sell our house in this market, found out our house is 50g less then we owe, my 14 month old is having tubes in his ears in a couple weeks, I have to keep the house spotless for showings 24/7, (that is fun with 2 kids), I am packing things and putting them in storage so the house looks bigger, just too many things to list at once without crying.

Quoting 101InfantryWife:

I too have a ton going on in life.. and it gets VERY VERY overwhelming at times.

What I do to try and relax is remove myself from the problem.  In my case, alot of stress is at home (not a bad marriage, just dealing with kids and disabled husband can get hard from being 22 years old).      I will take a break and go for a walk.. or go for a drive.. Alone.

I also use CafeMom and a Yahoo Group to vent.. which really helps to get the support I need.

My doc had said I need to be on Anxiety meds.. but I can never remember to take them.. so I just dont..

Christy-

You could make a daily list of the stuff you HAD to get done that day. Check them off as you go. Then maybe you will see the progress that is being made and not get so overwhelmed. Maybe take a day off or even a few hours while the kids are in school to relax, take a nap, a bath, read or even exercise.

Lovegaia78
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Quoting adamjackie:

Thanks! My dh is coming home in just a few more weeks, we are pcsing to Knox, we have the stress of trying to sell our house in this market, found out our house is 50g less then we owe, my 14 month old is having tubes in his ears in a couple weeks, I have to keep the house spotless for showings 24/7, (that is fun with 2 kids), I am packing things and putting them in storage so the house looks bigger, just too many things to list at once without crying.

Quoting 101InfantryWife:

Is it possible to enlist some help? If not, you might just have to stick it out and know that it won't be like this forever. Then you will forget about it one day!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)