Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you DO NOT CIO

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

If you do not let your baby cry it out, do you when they get older? Like say when they're 2 or 3 and don't want to go to bed, will you let them cry it out? And if not, how do you get them to go to sleep?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomtoConner
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I guess Im lucky because I dont have an issue getting my son down..(hes 2).We go through our "night night" routine and then he lays down and goes right off to sleep!

Pregnancy ticker

ashley22ky
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Does he ever give you a problem at all?

Quoting MomtoConner:

I guess Im lucky because I dont have an issue getting my son down..(hes 2).We go through our "night night" routine and then he lays down and goes right off to sleep!

MomtoConner
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM

There's been a couple of times and I just threaten to take away his blankie and he stops!

Quoting ashley22ky:

Does he ever give you a problem at all?

Quoting MomtoConner:

Pregnancy ticker

blondenoah
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM

i have never CIO with my kids and i don't plan on it ever my oldest is 4 and we have a strict routine we have since he was a baby my youngest is 11 months and he has a strict routine by 9 pm both of my boys are sleeping for the night no problems. we start at 730 baths  brushing teeth vitamins and stories then 8 is in bed lights out . the baby wakes up at midnight i rock him back to sleep and then they get up at 7 i think if you establish a routine with kids they wont cry that's what my experience has been so far. but say for instance they don't wanna go to bed i will have him help with the chores i give him an ultimatum chores or bed. and by chores i mean he can pick up the floor as i wash dishes or put away hiss laundry after I've folded it..

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

DD is 14 months and had/has horrible reflux so cio was not an option (she would just puke everywhere)!  We are on a routine right now but are starting to transition out the morning bottle then will transition out the night time bottle--I am sure that will start another transition phase and mess up her sleeping.  I plan to keep a routine.  I am sure she will do well.

MommeeTo4
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I could never CIO imo it is mean, but here is a bump

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:33 PM

My 6 year old was an awesome sleepr from the time she was 9 days old so no issue there.

My 2 1/2 year old has been the total opposite. I swear my DH truly wanted to sell her to the circus before she hit a year old. CIO was not a good fit for us. I did it for 3 days and she only cried for about 15 minutes before going to sleep, but when she woke up during the night she would always wake up her sister and the next day she was SO clingy I could not be out of her sight for a second and I got NOTHING done. 

We would lay down with her til she went to sleep and had to do that when she woke up at night to. Most of the nights we would just sleep in her bed with her after she woke up the first time (she has a queen sized sleep number bed). Now we don't have to lay down with her to go to sleep and she has been sleeping through the night more often than not.

It was a tough road to get where we are but I feel good about what how we did it. My DD is a good sleeper (mostly) and in her own bed so I did GOOD!

ashley22ky
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:33 PM

we have a good night routine, when we're home. But we are out of town alot. my husband works 3 hours away so on weekends and stuff like holidays we'll stay up there and then both my parents live in different areas so when we go to either of their houses we stay a couple days. It always messes them up and bedtime with my 3 almost 4 year old is a nightmare. My 1 year old does pretty good right now, but so did my 3 year old at that age. I let them CIO sometimes, but I was just wondering if there is an easier way without having to sleep with them.

Quoting blondenoah:

i have never CIO with my kids and i don't plan on it ever my oldest is 4 and we have a strict routine we have since he was a baby my youngest is 11 months and he has a strict routine by 9 pm both of my boys are sleeping for the night no problems. we start at 730 baths  brushing teeth vitamins and stories then 8 is in bed lights out . the baby wakes up at midnight i rock him back to sleep and then they get up at 7 i think if you establish a routine with kids they wont cry that's what my experience has been so far. but say for instance they don't wanna go to bed i will have him help with the chores i give him an ultimatum chores or bed. and by chores i mean he can pick up the floor as i wash dishes or put away hiss laundry after I've folded it..

Keirasmommy22
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM

I lay my little girl down in her bed I kiss her goodnight then I kiss her stuffed scooby doo goodnight and I tell her to go to sleep. And I leave the room . She always goes to sleep. And it was not always like that she used to sleep with me and her daddy up until july of 08. Now that she has a new room here and it is painted and she loves it so she wants to sleep in there now. I love my daughter lol. I have never and will never cio. It hurts my heart too bad. If she is screaming or crying when I lay her down for bed then somethings wrong!

duckdans.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirlhappiness-1.jpg Happiness image by JamaicaQueen22Carrie38.gif by Carrie image by SigShowBlinkies

SweetieCoastie.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirl
thdaughter.gif love image by m_a_babygirl 

beccimae
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:38 PM

My older kids just go to bed, but when they were younger they woke up and we rocked to sleep or read.  My two year old goes to bed when we do.  He can sleep alone in his room when he is ready.  I parent 24/7 and wake when they wake.  Much less stress, tons of cuddling.  It's great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)