Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working out from home?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM
  • 17 Replies

Is anyone else traing to lose weight or stay in shape and works out from home? I have lost 4lbs and I really need to exercise right now but I'm just not feeling it. lol..

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy-
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Can you at least bump it if you view it?

NICEE76
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM

bumpI just started the Walk away the pounds (4 miles) and I feel the same way at times but I end up working out late at nite after Iv watched my shows.

kaylynsmommy2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I joined sparkpeople and each day it has a daily exercise for you to do using things you have in your house.  It is a great site.  If you join, add me as a friend...felicia48.  Good luck!

Christy-
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I am already on there.. lol I get sidetracked to easy on SP there. I can sit and read all day. I recently join myfitnesspal.com It's great and easy to use.. Their is a small group of regulars on their that are reall insipiring and have lost hundres of pounds.

Quoting kaylynsmommy2:

I joined sparkpeople and each day it has a daily exercise for you to do using things you have in your house.  It is a great site.  If you join, add me as a friend...felicia48.  Good luck!

thekadysjr
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I workout to videos in the morning before the kids wake up. In the evening I walk on the treadmill and workout on our gym(legs and arms). Sometime at night we make it a family event and my son teaches us his Tae kwon do moves and stretches.

cabsmom10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I use Sparkpeople too! Cabs*mom

Quoting kaylynsmommy2:

cabsmom10
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I am trying to get back on track also. I have gained about 20 pounds...I did the whole calorie counting and weighing myself everyday...it was really stressing me out. I need to get back on track. I am planning on bringing out the Elliptical again. I can't get motivated either. I also have Exercise OnDemand. I might check out some videos. My favorite was TURBO SCULPTING!! It was great.

maddisont05
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I love the walk away the pounds videos. I have a couple of them. The biggest loser workout is good too! I have lost 6 pounds in a little over a week with these, WW, and Alli :) Sometimes I dont want to do them so on those days I make myself do at least the 1 mile Walk away the pound video. By the end of it I usually want to do another. Hope this helps!

Nzumbe
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I play DDR at home.  So far I've lost 30lbs.

Mom2ZekNYliana
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM

If you have Cable, look for the channel called FitTV.  They have quite a few exercise shows on, but there is one in particular called Shimmy that is so fun as well as a good workout.  It teaches you to belly dance as a workout.  Also, it is very sexy, and makes you feel sexy no matter how big you are.

Mommy to Zekeriah and Yliana
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)