Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~~YAZ~~

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • 9 Replies

Who has tried it?  Did you like it?  Did you have any side effects?  Did it change your mood?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM
i used it for a bout a year. then i stopped. it worked great. no cramps, no weight gain, no side effects at all. it was just to pricey for me.

a_l_daigle
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM

didn't like, gave me a lot of anxiety and and low sex drive.  ANd HEADACHES

HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I'm on it and liked it up until here recently - my moods have gotten worse the past couple of months to where I get so mad and nothing that I have to leave the house for a while, and my cramps have gotten horribly bad too.. I spoke to my dr. today and she thinks I need more estrogen or something.. so I'm on Cryselle now.. but the Yaz worked for a while, my periods were only like 2 days, I didn't have cramps (until here recently)..

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

Roque819
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Before I had kids it was awesome, after I had my daughter I went back on it and it turned me into a total psycho bitch with an insane sex drive. If I didnt take it exactly at the same time every day I went crazy, lol.

pregnant

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

I am going to try it here soon.  I have really bad PMDD that started over the past year, maybe a little longer.  I am so angry and irritable for almost 2 weeks out of each month.  Every month, right before AF, I want to leave my husband.  As soon as AF is here, everything is fine and dandy.  I also feel like I am starving in that 2 weeks before AF which has caused me to gain weight.

I am hoping YAZ helps, but my biggest fear is that it will make it worse.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

I'm on it and liked it up until here recently - my moods have gotten worse the past couple of months to where I get so mad and nothing that I have to leave the house for a while, and my cramps have gotten horribly bad too.. I spoke to my dr. today and she thinks I need more estrogen or something.. so I'm on Cryselle now.. but the Yaz worked for a while, my periods were only like 2 days, I didn't have cramps (until here recently)..

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I don't need crazy, I am crazy enough as it is...lol.

Quoting Roque819:

Before I had kids it was awesome, after I had my daughter I went back on it and it turned me into a total psycho bitch with an insane sex drive. If I didnt take it exactly at the same time every day I went crazy, lol.

HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I understand.. that's how I've been here recently even while I'm on Yaz, my Dr. was kind of stumped because Yaz suppose to help with moodiness.. and the cravings that week before AF..  yea, I eat nearly everything in the house, and I can't control it!!

I hope it does work for you, but there are so many different bc's out there and a different mix of chemicals, you could just keep trying till you find the right one.. may take a while though.. lol! 

Quoting myfoursonsks:

I am going to try it here soon.  I have really bad PMDD that started over the past year, maybe a little longer.  I am so angry and irritable for almost 2 weeks out of each month.  Every month, right before AF, I want to leave my husband.  As soon as AF is here, everything is fine and dandy.  I also feel like I am starving in that 2 weeks before AF which has caused me to gain weight.

I am hoping YAZ helps, but my biggest fear is that it will make it worse.

Quoting HeatherMae55:

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

gracielullaby
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I just stopped taking it. Doc put me on it to start regulating my cycles and stop the major spotting I would have in between AF. And I was a moody ass bitch too, hoping it would help with my mood swings. well, I gave it almost a year..helped a touch with the mood swings. Not as much as an actual therapist helped though. And it F'ed up my cycle even more than before. I've gotten to where I only have about one week out of the month where I'm not bleeding. So I got fed up and fired from my job so I decided to stop taking it. I'm not using it for BC right now anyways so what the hell. I didn't notice any weight gain or starving issues while on it though. And my sex drive was fine. Not that it mattered!

loralynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM

I've been using it for about 2 years and I it has decreased my sex drive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)