Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Cheerios experience-

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, this morning, ds (16 mo) got his first taste of cheerios! I put some on a plate for him. He was hesitant to try one, but after he did, OMG! He couldn't get them in his mouth fast enough. He would grab a handful in his right hand, shove it in his mouth, then he couldn't get all of them OUT of his right hand (still in mouth), so he would take his other hand and shove it in there to try to free the trapped ones! I about DIED laughing! Then he moved the plate over on the coffee table, climbed up there, put the plate in his lap and contined on. It was TOO cute!

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dragonfly0004
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Thats Cute!!

Happy Valentines Day!

Crystal !

Lovegaia78
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

So cute! That's a long time to go without cheerios. What did you give him when he was just starting to self-feed? I can't find much else to feed my daughter that's as convenient as cheerios (she is 10 months old).

MAyers
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

How adorable! Your little boy is really cute.

BamaMom35601
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I couldn't agree more.  Started giving Cheerios at around 9 months.  Not only can they feed themselves, it helps them with their dexterity!

Quoting Lovegaia78:

So cute! That's a long time to go without cheerios. What did you give him when he was just starting to self-feed? I can't find much else to feed my daughter that's as convenient as cheerios (she is 10 months old).

(\_/)     (\_/)
   (='.'=)  (='.'=)
   (")_(")  (")_(")

Every bunny needs
     some bunny

pam228
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

cherrios are great! here's a pic of my daughter's first time eating them,she got one stuck on her forhead,my daughter took her pic with her phone.

First_One_8_18
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM

We do granola bars every morning for a long time, now. We started self feeding dinners and lunch, not breakfast, so we did chicken nuggets and stuff like that- even mac and cheese (stripped down to a diaper of course!)

I really don't know why I never gave him cheerios!

Quoting Lovegaia78:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)