Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i want your opinions ladies!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok so i was at work the other day! i work at the salvation army so every things is awesomely cheap lol anyways there was a lady shopping who wanted this adorable barbie watch wtih interchangable faces. i was like aww that cute and she told me that she was geting for her daughters box i was like what that! i thought her idea was actually really good but i don't konw what age would be a good one to start it! she gives her children gold stars for everything they do right after the get so many they get a ticket and can either spend the ticket or save it for a bigger prize in their box! i thought this was an awesome idea what do u ladies thing!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beautifulnewmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM

anyone

heartsandskulls
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM

i like that idea. i think an appropriate age would be 4 to start with. do you earn a star by doing things? (picking up toys, washing hands, using manners?) i think its something i might try with my daughter

pregnancy calendar

1sttimemommy198
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM

I think that is an awesome idea, I know we did it in school and it worked there. I plan on doing something similar with my children. I had planned on doing something along the lines of extra tv time or something like that, but I like this idea better..

Beautifulnewmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM

i thought this was a really awesome idea! and yea she said if they did those things they got a star! also they got a ticket taken away if they have bad attitudes and if they do some thing they arent supposed to ! this is a great way i think to teach them responsibility!

Quoting heartsandskulls:

i like that idea. i think an appropriate age would be 4 to start with. do you earn a star by doing things? (picking up toys, washing hands, using manners?) i think its something i might try with my daughter

nlmorus06
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Sorry can't help cause I'm a little confused on what you're talking about.

~Nicole~

Beautifulnewmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM

also she just picks up nice things she sees to put in the box like at the thrift stores and stuff!

Quoting 1sttimemommy198:

I think that is an awesome idea, I know we did it in school and it worked there. I plan on doing something similar with my children. I had planned on doing something along the lines of extra tv time or something like that, but I like this idea better..

GmansMomy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM
is it like a treasure box? i did that with my son when he was about 2 and we were potty training him.

MOMMY TO

GAVMAN        &    ADDY PIE

Beautifulnewmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM

ya something like that!

Quoting GmansMomy:

is it like a treasure box? i did that with my son when he was about 2 and we were potty training him.

lexilu02
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

this is a neat idea. i like it :)

MissInvisible
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM

Thats really neat! I'm going to have to try that! Maybe then I'll be able to walk in my kids bedrooms in a week or so! I swear we've tried so many things. Nothing seems to work! Worth a shot! Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)