Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had a dream about my mom last night

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

And i've been on edge all day. My parents used to never hang their phones up right and we'd get a busy signal for hours until one of us close enough distance wise (usually me) would go and see if everything was ok. They had a wall phone and could never hang that thing up right and of course my dad can hardly hear anything so he wouldn't be able to hear the phone warning that it's off the hook. My mom passed away sep 17th 2007 and now my dad's in a nursing home and suffers from alzheimers. In my dream they were living in their old house which was 5 mins from me and i called and got the busy signal. So like i always did i went ove r and my mom said "sit down nancy i need to talk". She kept saying "just keep calling honey" and i kept  saying "who mom, who should i call" and she'd just smile. I called my dad today and of course he hung up on me because he can't hear (lol he said i can't hear you whoever you are) so i thought maybe she meant him and it settled my peace of mind that something had happened to him. I wonder if she was saying even though he hangs up or says i don't know you, should i call him every day like i did until he started hanging up on me? I felt she was there with me last night and it's been awhile since i've felt her presence. It makes me wonder what is she trying to tell me. I've been a little off center all day.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
itsnotaboutm765
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I would keep calling your daddy.  Is he close enough to go see?  If so go see him.  You never know when their last day will be

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM

Wow u gave me chills.... I think your right,  it may be she is trying to tell you to call dad everyday even though he doesnt hear you or says he doesnt know you. Weird how things work huh?

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM

I'm so sorry. I know words can't ease the pain your feeling just know i'm praying for you and sending lots of hugsyour way. My mom passed when I was a little so from time to time i'll have dreams about her and I think about it all day. I miss her so much even though I can barely remember her. anytime you need to talk just msg me. Also can you give your Dad a visit?

BUT

Mimislove
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I don't think it's about your Dad, so much as it's about you. I think she is telling you to talk to her. That she can hear you. I think if it was about your Dad, she would have been more certain to make it about him. But, since it was just the two of you.....I think it's about the two of you.

I am glad for you that you sense her.

Checking in on your Dad isn't a bad idea though. Can you call the desk, and relay to him that you have called to inquire about him? Maybe he would understand better if someone came in and told him you had called.

maizys_mom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM

That is so sweet  and I am slightly jealous that you had a dream about your mom. Today is my grandma's birthday she passed away almost 10 years ago. I still have not come to terms with losing her. She was my rock, she believed in me when I didnt or no one else did. She was the most important person in my life. Not last summer the summer before my DH and I were in NJ visiting my family. My aunt showed us a video that my cousin had taken when I was like 7 or 8 and there is a brief moment where my I head my grandma's voice. A voice that I am starting to forget and they I am dying to hear again. I balled my eyes out. It was so wonderful and so painful at the same time. I'd do anything to dream of her and her voice. I'd love to feel her presence around me. My 2 younger cousins use to be able to see her but I think they grew out of that. It was the only comfort I got knowing that they could see her.

greenie63
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:10 PM

(((hugs))) momma, I know that pain. In my head i can hear her voice or things she would say. Remember how much you grandmom loved you.

Quoting maizys_mom:

That is so sweet  and I am slightly jealous that you had a dream about your mom. Today is my grandma's birthday she passed away almost 10 years ago. I still have not come to terms with losing her. She was my rock, she believed in me when I didnt or no one else did. She was the most important person in my life. Not last summer the summer before my DH and I were in NJ visiting my family. My aunt showed us a video that my cousin had taken when I was like 7 or 8 and there is a brief moment where my I head my grandma's voice. A voice that I am starting to forget and they I am dying to hear again. I balled my eyes out. It was so wonderful and so painful at the same time. I'd do anything to dream of her and her voice. I'd love to feel her presence around me. My 2 younger cousins use to be able to see her but I think they grew out of that. It was the only comfort I got knowing that they could see her.

greenie63
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Thanks ladies for your sweet replies. I can go visit my dad  he's about an hour and half from me  (my parents in moved to PA from MD about 5 years ago) so it's not as easy as being there in 5 mins. I've gone a few times and it's been heartbreaking because he'll be polite and say i don't know you. He can also be rude, one time he said i don't  know who you are so leave my room now (the kids were with me this time and my 7yr old cried his eyes out asking why pop pop said that). The nurses will give you the hug you need but it's not like my dad hugging me. It doesn't scare me when i have these dreams, i actually want them to last longer and i wish she'd say more LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)