Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signature help

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM
  • 1 Replies
New to this forum and was wondering how I set up a signature. I wanted to include tickers but when I use the code it just shows the code not the ticker.. Help anyone?
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Hi CTnCMsMom,

This info can always be found on the 1st page of The Newcomers Club in the CafeMom FAQs - Questions and Answers (abbreviations) post.

How do I add a signature to my posts?
To create a signature, click on the blue Personal Details button underneath the photo on your homepage. Then click on the Signatures link on the right side of that page. Follow the instructions to add either a plain-text or rich-text signature to your account.

How do I add a Ticker to my signature?

If you'd like to add a ticker to your signature, try this...

1. Go to lilypie.com (or another ticker site) to make your timeline or ticker image. Copy the URL for your ticker and paste it somewhere so that you can paste it into your CafeMom signature later.
2. Log into CafeMom
3. Go to your homepage (click on the Home tab).
4. Click on the "Personal Details" link. It's on the left side of the page near your profile picture/avatar. CafeMom might ask for you to login again, for safety reasons, so do that.
5. Click on the Signatures link on the right-hand side of the page.
6. Scroll down and click on the "Add A Rich Text Signature" button.
7. Enter a name for the Signature.
8. Click on the "Add a photo" button. A pop-up window will open.
9. Click on the "Paste a URL" tab.
10. Enter the URL of your ticker into the Image URL field. If you have already made a ticker, the ticker site should have given you the URL for it. You paste that URL in the box.

When you're done, set your signature to default so it pops up automatically when you post.

How do I add a Blinkie to my signature?
If you'd like to add a blinkie to your signature, try this...

Click on Personal Details.
On the right click on signatures.
Scroll to the bottom of the Manage Signatures page and click on Add rich text signature.
Type in a name for your new signature.
Now open a new browser window.
You will have to come back to your CafeMom account in a bit.
In the new browser window go to www.glitter-graphics.com (or www.blinkyou.com)
(For this example we went to www.glitter-graphics.com and clicked on blinkies in the left column.)
Choose your blinkie.
On the preview page for your blinkie scroll down and click in the box with the HTML code.
Copy that code (control + c).
Return to your CafeMom account. You should still be on the Add signature Page.
Paste the HTML code in the Signature Body box.
Click Add.
When you return to the Manage Signatures page at first you will only see the code that you pasted.
To preview the blinkie click on the Edit this signature link.

When you're done, set your signature to default so it pops up automatically when you post.

How do I add more than 1 blinker, ticker or glitter text?
To add multiple blinkies, tickers or glitter text graphics to your signature click enter after each code and paste the new code.

If you have any trouble. you can reach CafeMom by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.

How do I use the CafeMom Toolbar?
The CafeMom Toolbar lets you add signatures and SweetPeas to any site on the internet, plus will keep you up to date on your CafeMom account. If someone sends you a message, adds a comment to a journal post, photo, or in your chatterbox, the toolbar will "light up" so you can click straight back to CafeMom to see what has been written.

Here are some Cafemom Groups that help create Signatures...

Toadily Grand Slammin Profiles
♥ Heartfelt ♥♥ Signatures ♥
Signature Showcase
American Made Siggys
Tickers, Siggies, Blinkies, and Signatures

-> The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)