Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My special little girl

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter will be 6 next month. She has learning disabilities and was diagnosed with developmental disabilities but last month at the school we had a meet to update her IEP. I felt like crying afterwords. It wasn't the normal my poor baby is going to get treated like I did when I was growing up. It wasn't the normal she's going to be taken out of the classroom so much she will never get to make any friends. This time it was tears of joy. Her teacher was talking about all the wonderful things that makes Skye special she even told me that despite her disabilities she is one of the smartest kids in her Kindergarten class. She told me that Skye is the only one that can do actual math problems and can write full sentences with out spell corrections. I was so happy I chocked back my crying and when I got back out to my car I cried for about 15 mins. She may have disabilities for the rest of her life but I don't think any mother could be so proud of their little princess as I was at that very moment. She has asthma so bad she has been hospitalized for at least 1 week every yr since birth except this past yr. Every time we'd go into the hospital she would say to the nurse I'm going to be just like you someday. She even convinced some of the nurses that she needed to wear their badges through out their shifts. lol When we leave the hospital she would say to me mommy I'm going to be a kid nurse someday. I am so happy I know that she will make a great nurse.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

My 7th month old had DD and her last EI meeting went so well... I was crying, too!!!

Congrats and good job Mama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

Aimee14
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM

That is SO COOL! It feels so good don't it momma.Your love and patience is reaping it's rewards.

high five

chrissy_b
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

clappingyay Momma! your hard work is paying off!   so many times you see parents who are ashamed of their children's obstacles and all they do is focus on those obstacles instead of keeping their eyes on the goal.... you obviously arent one of them!

remember to keep your eyes on the goal at all times and you will arrive there ahead of the game.... and your little princess will thak you for it!

Skygirl1985
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Thanks I am just so happy she is doing so well and trying so hard. Today she stayed home from school because she was sick all night and I can hear her in the next room playing with her dolls. I think she is pretending that one of the barbies stold the other one's purse. lol she's so funny.

Quoting chrissy_b:

clappingyay Momma! your hard work is paying off!   so many times you see parents who are ashamed of their children's obstacles and all they do is focus on those obstacles instead of keeping their eyes on the goal.... you obviously arent one of them!

remember to keep your eyes on the goal at all times and you will arrive there ahead of the game.... and your little princess will thak you for it!

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

kimberlym16
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Congrats!!!  She already has a gift of service, and she is going to make a FANTASTIC NURSE! 

Kimberly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)