Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when is a good time to get rid of her...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM
  • 22 Replies

Pacifier, binkie, nuk, and whatever else its called? she is 8 1/2 months old now. I was just wondering whats a good age and how did you do it?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GmansMomy
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM
well with my son i was dreading doing it. but it was sooo easy. he was just over 1 1/2 when we did it. my daughter is 15 months and still has hers but mostly when she sleeps.

MOMMY TO

GAVMAN        &    ADDY PIE

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I won't tell you how old my first was when we did away with it...LOL!

My second was 23 months old.

Punkin6498
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

I know you don't want this generic answer but it really is up to you. My Dr. said he could have it anytime he wanted within the next six months (this was at a year when he said this.) HOWEVER, I still feel it is my choice. I will soon start him out only having it at bed times and when he needs the extra comfort (sick, hurt, teething, etc.) Right now he has it whenever. He's 15 months

hurleydoll18
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Whenever you feel is the right time to get rid of it.  Caleb is 17 months and still has his.  We want to get rid of it though since he wakes up at night trying to find it.  It drives me nuts...lol. 

momof3319
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Right around 2.  We took away in the daytime at first, and he would actually take it out of his mouth and leave it in his crib.  Then we just slowly weaned him off of it.

KYChica
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM

Can't answer your ? , but my little one has the same paci !!! & it came with a pink one :-) From Food Lion.

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Lovegaia78
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:57 PM

My mom is a dental hygenist, and it drives her CRAZY when she sees older toddlers with binkies because it messes up their teeth and bite.

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

People will tell you the earlier the better, which is probably true.  My kids got rid of them when they were ready. 

My son had just started teething so he was only a few months old. 

My daughter decided on her own a little before her 3rd birthday that she was finished with the pacifier.  To ensure she realized the finality of her decision I made her throw it in the garbage herself and take the garbage bag outside to the garbage can.

lilgirl08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

lol yea i have the pink one too.. she has like 12 bimkies all different kinds.. people just keep buying them..i have some not opened yet..lol

Quoting KYChica:

Can't answer your ? , but my little one has the same paci !!! & it came with a pink one :-) From Food Lion.

jgriffin84
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM

my son stopped when he was 2 all by himself.. my little one on  the other hand seems to like it way to much so ill probably snag it at 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)