Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying foodstamps from the government (piog)

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM
  • 30 Replies

wouldnt it be cool, if the people who make too much money to get FS, but not enough to live on could buy FS from the government..just think spend 50 dollars and get 120 in food stamps or something like that..plus money would be going back into the government

Just a random thought  lol

Valentines Day 2009
Happily married for 11 yrs...

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KYChica
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

People do this all the time , just not from the government. They buy them from the people that get food stamps. My mom use to do this ( I know it's VERY ILLEGAL) ... But that's neither here nor there.

Yeah it would be nice , I guess that's why it's not possible. :-)

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

ImNotASheep08
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Yeah or lower the price of groceries. $4.00 a gallon for milk is insane.

RendevouzDreams
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

Actully it used to be that way..You had to pay to get your food stamps...It was about 1978

Quoting Pepperlynns:

wouldnt it be cool, if the people who make too much money to get FS, but not enough to live on could buy FS from the government..just thank spend 50 dollars and get 120 in food stamps or something like that..plus money would be going back into the government

Just a random thought  lol

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM

where do you live? Our milk is about 275-350 a gal

Quoting ImNotASheep08:

Katee1107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM

ours is 4 dollars a gallon and i live in Delware!

Quoting SweetAngel0401:

where do you live? Our milk is about 275-350 a gal

Quoting ImNotASheep08:

KATE::: Mom to two little Irish Twins, Fiance to a great man, loves Christmas time, huge fan of the EAGLES, lovees girls night out, oh and I'm pretty straight forward and honest... you don't like it, sorry

Katee1107
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

you can't really buy them off of people anymore.. they don't do the actual stamps anymore.. its a debit card.

Quoting KYChica:

People do this all the time , just not from the government. They buy them from the people that get food stamps. My mom use to do this ( I know it's VERY ILLEGAL) ... But that's neither here nor there.

KATE::: Mom to two little Irish Twins, Fiance to a great man, loves Christmas time, huge fan of the EAGLES, lovees girls night out, oh and I'm pretty straight forward and honest... you don't like it, sorry

MamaLuvsNolan
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM

That would be cool!!!! Same with health care!!

KYChica
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

yeah I know , lol. My aunt use to just give my mom her card & pin #. I've had friends try to sell me theirs before on the card. I think it's a little desperate (The reasons my friends wanted money , not my aunt) ... But whateva floats thier boats.

Quoting Katee1107:

you can't really buy them off of people anymore.. they don't do the actual stamps anymore.. its a debit card.

Quoting KYChica:

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

dixiegurl223626
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

I've noticed alot of people who do get food stamps get too many anyways and end up either obese or selling them. I know that it isnt always the case, but it does happen often. I think they need to cut back on the people who do get them and give something to the people who are barely getting by.

sll1976
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Quoting Katee1107:

Quoting KYChica:

Yes, you can...all you have to do is take the money then give the person your card and PIN.  It'd be nice if it were impossible, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)