Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Were in trouble! Anyone work from home?? ADVICE PLEASE

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM
  • 36 Replies

My husband recently got out of the military and has been struggling finding work since he joined very young and doesnt have college so high payng jobs are hard to find. We have 2 young children and ide like to help. Money is extemly tight and we struggle to pay the bills. If i work, daycare is so expensive where i live, we bearly take any money home afterwards. But if i get a high paying enough job i will be so busy i will never see my kids.    Does anyone have any at home jobs they can suggest,,,,that work?? I see all the online scams that are crap. But are there any ideas im not seeing at home, can u do realty at home? Anyone who works at home please tell me what u do and how u make it work!    THANK U THANK U!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angelbabii407
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM
have you considered doing in-home daycare??
franklynnsmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Heres a bump for you , im looking for at home work too!!

sguidinetti
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

http://stuckathomemom.com/

Go to the website above - this is a fellow cafemom'er and the opportunities look legit!  I hope this helps!  Stephanie

SweetAngel0401
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Because our money got tight & we had unexpected bills I had to start work, I have always beena  stay at home mom. After delivering newpapres every day 7 days a week in the early am (3am) I just couldnt take it anymore. I started a small daycare. I only watch 2 since any more than that I would have to be licenced in my state. It works great for me. I placed an ad online on craigs list. Got a few different moms come by & started watching 2 little girls about 1 yr ago. It works great for me. I hope you find something that will work for you too!

XxtaysmommyxX
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM

A legitimate work from home job is medical transcripting.  However, you have to have some sort of education or training in this in order to be able to work from home.  Employers usually want to see that you have completed a course in medical transcripting if you have never done it before.

hgpfun4you
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Don't know what you are truely looking for but here's an idea...

Hello I'm Stephanie --- I really love Home & Garden Party --- it is a party plan that you could work around your family.  I work fulltime & do this on the side but I make about $1000-2000 per month --- extra cash.  I average about $100-200 per party so if you only did 2-3/week - about 6 hours - you could bring home about $300-600 a week --- it is up to you!  I'll help you - I know you are going through a hard time & totally wouldn't scam you!!!  We could work something out so you could start for FREE also!!!  It is so worth the try!  Just glance at my website under designer benefits --- see if it is something you would be interested in!  http://www.hgpfun4you.com/

Stephanie Morgan       www.hgpfun4you.com

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I have a work from home job and all I have to say is they are out there! I'm in a group on here that is called Work At Home Jobs. I'm in the education field so with the budget cuts I dunno where my job is going. My company only hires in August and November. For a better paying job have you and your husband considered moving to an area where the jobs are not so scarce or maybe at least one of you go back to school.

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

ceciliam
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I started my own business making diaper cakes,burp cloth cakes, glass magnets and scrap book supplies. It does take time to get established when you start your own business.

A good thing to try from home is selling some of your unwanted items from around your house. There's a great site called Bonanzle, where you can set up a booth for free. They only charge you final value fee's when you sell an item and those fee's are minimal. Good luck in your search!

I Love Diaper Cakes!

FoxyLady42
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Open up a home daycare in your home. If you have the patience for it, I would recommend that. Or you could start selling party lite candles, you work when you want to work and have shows in the evenings, so hubby can be home with kids. No day care expense. Sell Avon on the side...a little extra cash that way. I don't trust those online jobs, working at home on the computer, I have checked them out, and I tell you, to make any money at it, you have to be online doing it 24/7! I would stay away from those scams. Also, you might want to consider just a part-time job bar-tendinga couple nights a week. Great tips! Plus if will get you out of the house a couple nights a week and socializing. Never know who you might meet that can bring you better opportunities in the future. Bar-tending was how I met a patron and they got me an interview with a Real Estate Agency. It was the best choice I ever made, since then my career has blossomed and I now work for the Housing Authority, making an excellent income. That was 12 years ago.

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:09 PM

another mom posted this website on here....momoportunity.com. It has jobs on there for like 1800 flowers and American Airlines working from home. Also your dh can talk to the va they have job assistance. Homeland security is always hiring the process just is long. Some law enforcement agencies don't require hs...your prior military service waives that. TSA (airport), border patrol, etc. Also depending on what he did when he was in he could work for the government doing something similar like for Spawar,Titan, or Northrop Grumman. best of luck and hope this helps!

BUT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)