Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Photography

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 23 Replies

For all you ladies that have nice photography cameras what kind do you have and if you dont mind show me a pic that you have taken with it!! Im wanting to buy one!!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2be1121
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

bump!! Anyone?? with a nice camrea?

crzybtful4_u
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I have a canon rebel xs. I just got it in November, so I have a long way to go, but I love it, it takes great pics.

((*Steph--momma to Elijah,Brayden and Hannah

A group for mommas of the Fox Cities!

tfmmpmmdmmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I have a Sony Alpha 200. I paid about $700.00. Including insurance.

Erin245
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I just upgraded to a Nikon D300, and i love it!!! I started out with a Nikon D60. That is a great starter camera. 

mommy2be1121
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM

OMG your pics are AMAZING!! How much did you get it for?

Quoting Erin245:

I just upgraded to a Nikon D300, and i love it!!! I started out with a Nikon D60. That is a great starter camera. 

mommy2be1121
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 1:32 PM

bump

Erin245
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Thank you! and honestly im not sure how much it was. My husband bought it for me for Christmas. Im guessing it was around $1,500 though.  But in order to use this camera you really need to be familiar with manual settings.  i dont even think auto is an option on this camera.  The D60 is a wonderful camera to start with!  and its more afordable.  you can get those for less than $500.00 now.

Quoting mommy2be1121:

OMG your pics are AMAZING!! How much did you get it for?

Quoting Erin245:

smichellem
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I am canon all the way. I fought at first switching to canon but that wasn't fair of me because I had been used to shooting medium format (Mamiya) for so many years. I love my canon now simply because they were the first and best DigitalSLR. Nikon is the next right behind them. For me personally I like my canon because it fits and feels better in my hand then the Nikon I checked out when I was looking for my camera. Also, at least at the time canon performed fast than the Nikon according to the other pro photogs I spoke with. Being primarily child and event photographer I need speed. Look at any sporting or news event. the majority of the cameras you will see them using are Canon! =) Just my humble opinion though.

Canon, Nikon, and Fuji are all good DSLRs.

the only thing I didn't like about Fuji is that they tend to have too much magenta. That can be fixed with digital now and maybe they have even corrected it now. I am a rut kind of person so I am stuck on my canon. Fuji also had some complaints from pro photogs regarding speed. Of course speed also has to do with the flash card you are using but at the time I purchased my DSLR the speed of the flash cards was not what it is today.

I am not sure about posting a pic from my camera here because it wouldn't represent the actual quality. I don't know how others are doing it but when I post my images something in the process here at CM is reducing the quality significantly.

If you are just looking for something for snap shots and not looking to go into photog as a profession or something there is no reason to spend more than 800.00 or so at the highest on your camera. If you want the best quality (better than a small point and shoot) go for the mid level with Canon or Nikon. Also, believe it or not Olympus has some incredible color quality for a mid level camera.

smichellem
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Quoting tfmmpmmdmmom:

I have a Sony Alpha 200. I paid about $700.00. Including insurance.

Wow! I looove this image. These are my fave kinds. And, nice angle...and angel! =)

And, the post with the blue eyed girl! Very nice image too! So pretty and sweet!

smichellem
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Okay, I tried anyway. Still this is actually a very clear image but ya wouldn't know it posting it here. :( CM seems to squish, jumble and remove a lot of the pixels. Even adding strange artifacts. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to post images here that I don't know of?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)