Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

back up off me, WOMAN!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

Ok so now that I have your attention I would like to take some time away from all those anit and pro Obama posts and do something a little different.

Have you had anything happen to you that changed your life?  I know you had a baby but I mean something else, for example when I was 17 I flipped my car and it broke my neck, I was VERY lucky that I didn't move enough to make the bone slip and hit the nerve.  I thank god everyday that I am still here and can still move and do everything I want to.  What happened to you to change your life?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinklilly_77
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I had 2 brain surgeries in NOvember either from Bacterial menigitis or a staff infection....I had pressure on my brain that caused a seziure and I almost died Im actuallyreally lucky to be alive....

loralynn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:06 PM

My mom passed away when I was 16. My dad was an alcoholic and to this day I can't stand up for myself and speak my mind.

virgosuperstar
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:08 PM

I was a serious drug addict and i was homeless in California when i finally had the opportunity to move away from it all and met my DH in the process who helped me get away from that life and has nurtured me and supported me and we have been together for 12 yrs! I am here b/c of him!

tabbydollar01
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM

We I was 20 I was in a bad car accident. I was driving and the roads were VERY foggy, and someone threw their Christmas tree in the middle of the road, I was only going about 25 MPH, but I was so scared when I saw something in the road that I freaked out and over corrected to get back on the road. Which cause me to flip my blazer 3 times into a ditch. Well, before I wrecked I stopped on the side of the road to decide whether or not I should wear my seat belt or stay covered up in my blanket because it was so cold. Something told me just put the seat belt on. Thankfully I listened to whatever it was because the police said the wreck would have possibly killed me.

mitty18
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM

When i was younger i used to cut myself and once i did it really badly and came close to dying. That was when i realized i needed to stop and learn other ways to deal with things. I am happy to say that the only motivation i needed after that was a pregnancy and i haven't cut myself in almost three years.

I'm a non-vaccinating, Co-sleeping, ERFing, Non-spanking, Baby-wearing, Momma to a preemie and speical needs child whom i love with all my heart soul and mind. 

talitha_b
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM

When I was about 9mths old my mother accidentally tripped over me and spilled hot grease on me.  I suffered 3rd degree burns on my arms and legs.  I still have the scars.  I try to stay away from hot grease at all times now.(lol)

PilotWifey
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Two summers bk I was in an accident in the Sand Dunes. We were in a large lifted truck, went up a very large sand dune and started over the crest to find out there was no other side to the hill. The truck fell more than 40 feet straight down nose first. I was in the middle seat in the bk of the club cab with only a lap belt on. I suffered some head trama and memory loss. I couldnt remember my children, husband, who i was, who i was with, or what i had done all day. Thanks to lots of prayer ive recovered all memorys of my family but still cant remember the crash! Probably a good thing!!! Thank God!

lvnmylif
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM

When I was 19 I shattered my arm in a car accident.  Due to that I could no longer be stationed on the ship I was on at the time.  I transferred to a command where I met my ex.  A few months later I was pregnant with my son.  Due to that I got out of the military and moved to where I am now.   That car accident completely changed the course of my life.  I would not have it any other way though.

Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM

When I was 2 months old I was adopted. There is no telling what my life would have been like if I had not been. 

farm_mom03
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:54 PM

I was chasing sheep into a pasture and did not see the single string od barb wire and ran right into.  I was 1/4 of an inch from cutting the main vein in my neck.  a little taller and i would not be here i was in sixth grade at the time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)