Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just an FYI regarding Bush

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM
  • 52 Replies

I just saw this in another post and didn't realize some weren't aware of this.  Bush acknowledges that there were warnings about 9/11 that were not heeded as they were not deemed "credible" by the CIA.  I believe that information came for his own administrations review of the whole 9/11 incident.  Its not a bash on Bush to discuss this information.  Its simply what it is.  Mistakes were made by I'm sure a lot more than JUST the Bush administration, but in case you weren't aware, he already acknowledged these particular mistakes made by the CIA (which, he, as head of state, ultimately has to accept responsibility for). 

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
public_enmy1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM

well that's morbid lol....at least he could be "sparkly" like in twilight LMAO

Quoting public_enmy1:

public_enmy1
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:13 PM

lol.......

I love me some twilight...

starrsun
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Wow...see,this is what scares me about BO...his supporters;his lack of experience...THE MAN APOLOGISED;THE INFO WAS DEEMED NOT OF CONSEQUENCE AT THE TIME. I hope BO can rise above what some of his supporters show us is BO...

Quoting public_enmy1:

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM

me too i just finished breaking dawn last night. 

Quoting public_enmy1:

lol.......

I love me some twilight...

adamjackie
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I have a friend that works for one of the companies that filters information like this. She said they receive sooooo much information everyday that it is hard to know what to take seriously. She said if they investigated all they received that it would take months just for what they get in a weeks time. She also said what bothers her is that everyone is understandably angry when something slips through but no one knows about or seems to care about all the things they have prevented from information  they have received.

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM

I dont think that just Obama supporters are the ones very upset with Bush.  Yes he apologized.  But an apology doesn't quite cut it in terms of that kind of loss of life.  People are going to want more then just a "oops my bad didn't think it was credible at the time."  The CIA is in place to determine these things.  Their failure in this instance was astronomical. 

Quoting starrsun:

Wow...see,this is what scares me about BO...his supporters;his lack of experience...THE MAN APOLOGISED;THE INFO WAS DEEMED NOT OF CONSEQUENCE AT THE TIME. I hope BO can rise above what some of his supporters show us is BO...

Quoting public_enmy1:

jeskaM
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

yep and most dont care about the good and go on and on about the bad...all the good things go unoticed

Quoting adamjackie:

I have a friend that works for one of the companies that filters information like this. She said they receive sooooo much information everyday that it is hard to know what to take seriously. She said if they investigated all they received that it would take months just for what they get in a weeks time. She also said what bothers her is that everyone is understandably angry when something slips through but no one knows about or seems to care about all the things they have prevented from information  they have received.

Aislinn
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM

This all came out when the 9/11 Commission finished their investigation YEARS ago. They had no specific information, just bits and pieces. Imagine the uproar in this country if they grounded all air traffic for a couple of weeks. People were freaking out two days later that they could not fly after four planes had been hijacked. It is not like they had the info that said planes were going to be hijacked on September 11th and they are going to be flown into the WTC and Pentagon.

Jezzabelle718
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Determining the authenticity of these types of communications is the CIA's job.  While I get that ONE communication could fall through the cracks, in this case it was more than just one.  But, I also think that most people dont realize (just because its not something you may always dwell on every day) that there are probably numerous instances where the CIA has saved our butts.  But when it comes to the safety of our nation, unfortunately the CIA can't and shouldn't get to claim a "pass" when they mess up to this extent simply because of the times they have done well.  I can only imagine the stress that job would entail but its a job one takes knowing the seriousness of their responsibilities. 

Quoting adamjackie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)