Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice hurry please...lol...one more question

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM
  • 23 Replies

My husband and I are moving in less than 2 weeks so we are tying to get rid of stuff. Iposted an ad on craigslist for a Graco double stroller in great condition. Only asking 50 (they are usually around 150). Well a lady asked me if she could have it for 30 and I said yes, but she can't pick it up until Sunday (if she doesnt change her mind). Then someone else askes me for it and is willing to get it sooner and pay the 50 bucks. Would it be wrong to sell it to the person for 50? I mean with us moving we could use the money, and if the girl doesnt come and get it on sun then I am still stuck with it.

Ok tha other lady that is paying 50 wants the carseat and can get if friday. I was looking at the car seat and it is missing the rear tray where the car seat would attach. I called Graco and to get a replacement tray with shipping and handleing is 14.95. I am already selling the stroller for way less than half what it would cost in the store. Should I be responsible to buy the tray and still only charge 50 for it, or should I just repost it and say it's missing the rear tray. It would be a perfect carseat for say 2 toddlers just not a baby car seat. The lady who wants it says she can't afford the 15 extra and I don't wanna buy the tray and still only get 35 for it since it is still way under half at the 50 bucks?

*I am a spanking, Non Vaxing, disposibale diaper wearing, junk food eating, CIO, non-wearing, bottle-feeding, spanking proud mommy of an amazing toddler,and supporting Army wife!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juann25
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM

If you already told the other lady than yes it would !

loralynn

Sell it for $50 but let the other person know that's what you are doing.

o0o_Alleigh_o0o

business is business....if you can get more, go for it. just send a courtesy email or something to the other girl.

Ciuplys
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM

I will sell it for 50. Let the girl know that you have a better offer. She is not your friend or anything don't feel bad.

virgosuperstar

Honey you have every right to sell it to the highest bidder. Yes you verbally agreed but you can tell her you decided to not sell it, you found a relative who needed it more...best of luck!

hope2bsoon

I'd sell it to the person for $50.00 because so many times you see someone re-posting because there was a no-show...thats just me..

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.    6Love does not delight in evil but rejoicesis not self- with the truth.

Mrs.J.Howard

I would take the full price offer.... Not only are they giving you more money for it, but also they have agreed to purchase it sooner... If the other person did not leave a deposit with you then you are in the full right to sell it to someone else....

robslady91

Ever heard the expression "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" Take the money.  Tell the other woman your husband already sold it to the other lady without telling you and apologize.  "the early bird gets the worm" or in this case the stroller.

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Toughie. It's your decision. Maybe tell the person who asked for it ealier that you need it picked up sooner, like on Fri. If she can't do it, then tell the other person they can have it. This way, if either flake, you can still get rid of it.

I need one of those, though. I was looking at a three kid one, though, not double.

I'm a co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, delayed/selective vaccinating, circumcising, gardening and hunting, just lost my job, animal loving, breastfeeding, no spanking, no screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, book loving, Pagan living Witch, pro-life, meat eating, head strong mommy of a baby boy who is gifted (Sept 25, 07), a step-son with PDD-NOS Autism (Jun 11, 04), due August 5, 2009.
Join Me In These Groups: Pagan & Proud | Natural Nurturing | 2007 Babies | Baby Sign Language | Hard Ass Mommas | Old Fashioned & Anti Mainstream Moms | Step-Parenting | Moms Against Child Sexual Abuse | Caylee Anthony

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Quoting o0o_Alleigh_o0o:

business is business....if you can get more, go for it. just send a courtesy email or something to the other girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)