Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So full of Sh!t! cussing

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM
  • 19 Replies

My front yard is so full of dog shit from the neighborhood dogs. There are colossal piles and itty bitty piles and all in between piles. I love animals especially dogs but I cant stand it when the owners don't clean up after them. That is their job as a pet owner. There are 2 dogs that live next door to us and neither owner has a clue that their dogs get out of the house our backyard without them knowing. I worry that they are going to get hit by a car or peppered by the mail man. I am not around 24/7 to see which owner are not cleaning up after their dogs so how do I put a stop to it? I would just love to go and scoop up all the shit in the front yard and place half of it on one neighbors doorstep and half on the others! but it is not all of theirs. WHAT DO I DO?

I love dogs. Their owners? Not so much.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angieizzi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM

If they don't know their dogs are getting out why don't you just tell them? And politely add that if they're going to use the bathroom in your yard that you would appreciate it being cleaned up.

What if you slept?
And what if in your sleep, you dreamed?
And what if in your dream, you went to heaven
and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you woke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah! What then?
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Quoting angieizzi:

If they don't know their dogs are getting out why don't you just tell them? And politely add that if they're going to use the bathroom in your yard that you would appreciate it being cleaned up.

I have taken their dogs back to their homes dozens of times and I am just so fed up with it. They dont seem to give a shit. If my dog got out without me knowing I would be searching for him and thinking "great he has probably taken a crap in a neighbors yard and now they are pissed off" The ones that really piss me off are like the giant lab piles, oh and we have someone in the neighborhood with an Irish Wolf hound. This dog weighs over 200 pounds! Can you imagine what his droppings would weigh? 
I am so past the point of being polite.

angieizzi
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:31 PM

Ok, I must have misread your post. In that case they obviously aren't responding to your politeness, so just be a bitch about it and see if that works. BTW- do you guys have any leash laws or things like that in your neighborhood?

My parents have a mastiff (about 170 lbs) so I understand the big poops! LOL

Quoting Brooke501:

Quoting angieizzi:

I have taken their dogs back to their homes dozens of times and I am just so fed up with it. They dont seem to give a shit. If my dog got out without me knowing I would be searching for him and thinking "great he has probably taken a crap in a neighbors yard and now they are pissed off" The ones that really piss me off are like the giant lab piles, oh and we have someone in the neighborhood with an Irish Wolf hound. This dog weighs over 200 pounds! Can you imagine what his droppings would weigh? 

What if you slept?
And what if in your sleep, you dreamed?
And what if in your dream, you went to heaven
and there plucked a strange and beautiful flower?
And what if, when you woke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah! What then?
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
ren109
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Oh gosh, mine is the same way! I'm so glad my neighbors who just let their dogs roam the neighborhood got rid of their St. Bernard and Dobie. Those were som HUGE piles! But not I have little piles in my front yard that are not from my dog! I have a mini schnauzer, but we don't let her potty in the front yard AND she has been at my MIL for over a month not. So I know those messes aren't from my dog.

mommyboudry
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:34 PM

We went to our neighbor a handful or more times and it kept happening so we took a shovel and flung it into their yard. where it landed in their yard? who cares as long as it wasn't ours. The last straw was when we put it on their door step, It stopped after that.  Good thing cuz our next step was to empty our baby's diaper on their lawn, lol.

joshlor2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:35 PM

well in tx there are leash laws and pet owners are required to pick up their dog crap....that being said make a sign BIRGHTLY colored and put it out in your yard "SMILE your on camera so don't let your dog crap in my yard or pick it up if they do " and underneath put (camera inside house aimed at yard will take legal action LOL

or pick it up and return it to their porch

Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Quoting angieizzi:

Ok, I must have misread your post. In that case they obviously aren't responding to your politeness, so just be a bitch about it and see if that works. BTW- do you guys have any leash laws or things like that in your neighborhood?

My parents have a mastiff (about 170 lbs) so I understand the big poops! LOL

Quoting Brooke501:

Quoting angieizzi:

We do have leash laws but a lot of people here have their dogs well trained to walk next to them without a leash. (like me and my dog) I only let my dog off the leash if we are in our yard and no other dogs are around. We trained him off the leash first so he would stay with us if we were outside as a family playing or whatever.

DragOnFlyMoma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Is there animal control in your town. You can always call them when their dogs are loose and complain. That might get your neighbors to take better care of their dogs. Especially if they have to go and bail their dogs out.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

Piss on it and walk away.
Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Quoting mommyboudry:

We went to our neighbor a handful or more times and it kept happening so we took a shovel and flung it into their yard. where it landed in their yard? who cares as long as it wasn't ours. The last straw was when we put it on their door step, It stopped after that.  Good thing cuz our next step was to empty our baby's diaper on their lawn, lol.

This is what I was thinking of doing. I feel bad for one of the neighbors because she had a stroke a few months ago and cant get around that well. However, her son lives with her (35 year old son!) and it is his dog. The other one is just as careless about her kids. She never knows where they are on the weekends. She will stand at the end of her driveway yelling their names in both directions. She could use a steaming pile of shit on her doorstep1

Brooke501
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Quoting joshlor2:

well in tx there are leash laws and pet owners are required to pick up their dog crap....that being said make a sign BIRGHTLY colored and put it out in your yard "SMILE your on camera so don't let your dog crap in my yard or pick it up if they do " and underneath put (camera inside house aimed at yard will take legal action LOL

or pick it up and return it to their porch

I love this idea but we already have a "Crazy Old Lady" Across the street. I would be dubbed just "The crazy lady"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)