Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child is the bully.....

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Another post got me thinking. What would you do if your child was the bully on the playground? Like if you was sitting there and saw your child hit another child, what would you do about it? I haven't experienced this yet, my oldest is 3 and it hasn't happened so far, but if it did I would apologize to the parents, make him apologize to the parents and child he hit, then leave as additional punishment. I guess that is what I would do if this happens to me. I would be really embarrassed by it too. What about you?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lindsay99
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I would probably do the same. depending upon how old my kid is at the time.

HeatherMae55
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I would be pissed at my little man.. I would tell him that it was wrong of course make him apologize to the other kid & parents and put him in the corner at home.. if he kept being the bully after time outs I would spank his little butt.

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:44 PM

i'd let them know what they did was wrong and i'd make them apologize to the child and the child's parent and then they'd be done playing.

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I totally agree with you, I would make her appologize to everyone. I would immediately take her home and any priviledges would be gone. My daughter is only 16 months and she absolutely loves other kids so I just don't see it happening, but who knows.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

jennie300
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:46 PM

my child would be in big trouble.i dont know just what i would do,but something would happen for sure.i think its sad when this happens to a kid.

jaysmommy04
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM

If I caught my son being a bully, first off I would be completely mortified.. I would apologies to the parents and the little boy and have my son do the same... and he would get punished when we got home.I definitely would not tolerate it nor would I make excuses. I have seen a lot of parents make excuses for their children's bullying behavior...IE... He is just being picked on....or oh he did not hit him that hard.. That behavior from the parents is unexeptable and they should be punished.... I feel so embarrassed for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)