Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am a VERY busy mommy between working full time (hopefully that will change) & being a mom I just started weight watchers but if I don't workout will I lose any weight? Does anyone have any suggestions on exercising! I am on the go from 4:30am till 10pm (or when the baby decides to go to sleep)...PLEASE HELP

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Christy-
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:55 PM

Yes, you will lose weight without working out. But don't be suprised if your not completley happy when you get the pounds off. You won't be toned. Do you work 7 days a week? 10 minutes here and there to get your heart rate up is better then nothing..

You could do some curnches before bed, some squats, calf raises.. Or jump rope for 10 minutes total a day. ANY exercise is better than none.

thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

You may want to at least fit a walk into your schedule. But if you are on your feet at work, you will probably be ok, it might just be harder to lose the weight.

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

factor3
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Try putting exercise in your every day tasks, especially those around the house. I believe that if I kept my house totally clean, the work itself would be a pretty good   work out. But I don't.

Another way I get a good workout is through playing actively with my 3 year old grandson.

hannies_momma
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM

The answer to that question is different for everyone. Someone who is like 230lbs will lose alot of weight through dieting alone, while someone who is only like 20lbs over weight needs to exercise faithfuly. Carry a pedometer and make sure you get over 10,000 steps a day. There is also alot of workouts you can do safely using your baby as your weights. You can get videos for it. The baby will just think you are playing with him/her. Get a jogging stroller and jog with the baby will burn even more calories then just jogging alone.

25beengoodtome
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Yes, you will lose weight without excercising, but you might get flabby. Keep watching the fat, calories and carbs! Excercise tones your body, and stimulates your metabulism, but if you don't watch what you put IN your body, you're wasting your time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)